Sennheiser IE7 Fake or Real
May 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 30
from what i see, the shape is different then the official ones, i can't even see the sennheiser logo on the sides. the cable appears to be more then 1.2m... but it's hard to tell from that pic, ask for more pictures.

May 17, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 30
Another photo:

sennheiserie73m.jpg

No package, no receipt. But he claims that it is genuine. Any other comments?

May 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 30
pretty sure there fake
IE7_ProductImage.jpg

image from sennheiser.com the logo is silver not black. even on amazon the logo is white.
edit: i don't know techpowerup's review of them the logo is black.

May 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 30
*facepalm*

The logo in the pic IS silver.

I'd still steer clear, though.

May 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 30
It's very wicked Chinese work....... This is all I can say.

They sounded just like the original Sens, because I've actually heard them.
And I cant say the difference between the real one and these wicked things......

My guess is that some of Sen's Chinese workers had them out as bare units, and selling these for their own profit.
I'm wondering why Sen have not done something......

May 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 30
wow...if they really are fakes, i am surprised.

when i buy not-so-popular-for-the-masses gear, i rely on the fact that there isn't a big enough market to make knock-offs.

May 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pretty sure there fake
IE7_ProductImage.jpg

image from sennheiser.com the logo is silver not black. even on amazon the logo is white.
edit: i don't know techpowerup's review of them the logo is black.

What?
confused.gif
The image just has bad lighting and in the second picture it definitely is silver...

Let's compare my IE8s to Sennheiser images. The knob on mine is black and not silver! That mean it's fake! ¬__¬
Anyway I think that they aren't fake, but if they are then wow. I would stay clear of them since there's no receipt.

May 17, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 30
I brought that same pair in the picture above! They sound warm, huge sound stage and great vocal. As far as I can tell, they are pretty genuine to me, the icon is silver not black, I guess is the camera. The cable is really soft and makes very little noise. I had try many other earphones including image x10, hd555 cx500 and ue super fi 5 eb and the ie 7 that i brought from eBay sound better than those. If they are fake, then I have to say good job to those copy cats

May 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 30
I guess so too, the built quality and sound is just too good for a fake copy. I am going to buy a pair from newegg and campare them, if they sound the same, I will just return it

May 17, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #15 of 30
Looks real to me. X2 on the sample unit suggestion. If it is fake, it is a really good looking fake.

But... looking at the seller's feedback, he/she has sold other IE 7s with the exact same description: slightly used, two extra pairs of tips, no case. Pretty bizarre that the seller has access to so many used IE 7s, unless he works at a shop and is selling return items.

Whatever it is, you won't be getting any sort of warranty with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back