Aug 23, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #362 of 738
Finally got the 4.4mm cable....

IMG-2829.jpg

I'm very satisfied.

Aug 23, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #363 of 738
Finally got the 4.4mm cable....

IMG-2829.jpg

I'm very satisfied.
So... is this something only you can get or do have a link you can share?

Aug 27, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #364 of 738
Looking for some compatible cables. So far, this Fidelity+ mmcx connector on the IE300 has me scratching my head in confusion.
I need a cable with these Fidelity+ connectors. Or some cable shop that can get these connectors and make one for me.

Aug 28, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #365 of 738
Aug 28, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #366 of 738
Have you checked IE900 thread? There some compatible cables mentioned there:
- any cable from Effect Audio with ConX MMCX
- Brise Audio has something too
http://briseaudio.com/product/recable/bsepie900.html
- i have this cable and can confirm that it works as well
http://onsoproject.blogspot.com/2021/06/iect04-mmcx-2021-model-531-61.html

there are more i'm sure, there are just the ones i remember
Thanks, I had seen it. Very informative. I emailed one (OE Audio) and received this reply:

"Hi Please kindly purchase our CDC product and send us a email again, so that we can ship the ie300 variant to you."

I discovered another useful and related tip. If your existing MMCX cable has color-coded L/R indicators, you may be able remove them and extend the cable length such that is makes a good click connection with the IE300/900. These spacer disks can be made of colored plastic. I pried them off using an razor knife and a pair of needle-nosed pliers. Now my KBear cable is attached and working well with the IE300.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #367 of 738
I discovered another useful and related tip. If your existing MMCX cable has color-coded L/R indicators, you may be able remove them and extend the cable length such that is makes a good click connection with the IE300/900. These spacer disks can be made of colored plastic. I pried them off using an razor knife and a pair of needle-nosed pliers. Now my KBear cable is attached and working well with the IE300.

Thanks for the tip, worked with my cable as well.

Just got the IE300 to complement my Z1R ... something easier to plug in & out quickly and the ie300 seemed just about right.

They sound all right, but damn is that cable horrible!!! Sennheiser, have you tried these on with that cable...what were you thinking?!?

- The microphonics are extremely distracting, up there with the absolute worst i've heard. You probably need to be dead so you don't move.

- And the flexible end that you have to mould around your ear each time you insert them... who's got time for that? If someone just wants to take an earphone out for a sec to listen to something they got to re-fit the whole thing.

And it seems it's the same cable that comes with the ie900? Oh dear.

Great sounding earphone for the price otherwise.

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #369 of 738
Thanks for the tip, worked with my cable as well.

Just got the IE300 to complement my Z1R ... something easier to plug in & out quickly and the ie300 seemed just about right.

They sound all right, but damn is that cable horrible!!! Sennheiser, have you tried these on with that cable...what were you thinking?!?

- The microphonics are extremely distracting, up there with the absolute worst i've heard. You probably need to be dead so you don't move.

- And the flexible end that you have to mould around your ear each time you insert them... who's got time for that? If someone just wants to take an earphone out for a sec to listen to something they got to re-fit the whole thing.

And it seems it's the same cable that comes with the ie900? Oh dear.

Great sounding earphone for the price otherwise.
No problem. After solving the cable problem, I feeling I've solved the tip problem, too. The Comply bullet-style foam is the perfect match. Tames the spicy treble quite nicely.

Next up for me is the Moondrop Kato.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #370 of 738
Thanks, I had seen it. Very informative. I emailed one (OE Audio) and received this reply:

"Hi Please kindly purchase our CDC product and send us a email again, so that we can ship the ie300 variant to you."

Do you know which KBear cable you modded?

I see spacers of various thicknesses -- and I've also had bad luck with a supercheap KBear that was wired out of phase, this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001947618730.html -- but if you can point toward the one you used, or any others that would work, it would be great. Looking at my other MMCX's and alas, there's no spacer.

Really not interested in a replacement cable that's 1/3 the price of the IEMs, so this sounds like a great mod.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #371 of 738
Do you know which KBear cable you modded?

I see spacers of various thicknesses -- and I've also had bad luck with a supercheap KBear that was wired out of phase, this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001947618730.html -- but if you can point toward the one you used, or any others that would work, it would be great. Looking at my other MMCX's and alas, there's no spacer.

Really not interested in a replacement cable that's 1/3 the price of the IEMs, so this sounds like a great mod.
Sure no problem. Here it is.

You see that red ring denoting right channel? I detached it easily with my exacto knife and needle-nosed pliers. Same for the right side. AFter taking them off the MMCX connector has clearance to snap right in.

PS: If you want one with a mic, then I can confirm this one will also work fine when removing the color-coded rings.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #372 of 738
No problem. After solving the cable problem, I feeling I've solved the tip problem, too. The Comply bullet-style foam is the perfect match. Tames the spicy treble quite nicely.

Next up for me is the Moondrop Kato.
We're all different with tips. I usually use foamies for my big ears.

But it was pointed out earlier in the thread -- and on the first page of the Senn booklet that no one (including me) had bothered to look at -- that the OEM tips for the IE300 have two positions because they have have an extra groove inside the silicone sleeve.

They fit flush to the bud. But they can also be attached maybe 2mm from the bud. For me that position makes them work beautifully. It's worth a try.

I also fit the IE300 differently in my ear than other IEMs -- not jammed all the way in, but inserted and then pulled out a tiny bit, which somehow makes the silicone conform to my ear. Only with the IE300 among my many IEMs, go figure.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #373 of 738
PSA: Found a cheap and very nice cable with a really good fit for the IE300:

IMG_4004.jpg

It's the KBEAR Upgrade Earphone Cable, 4N Oxygen-Free Copper Wire > https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09B1MZV11

There's even a version with a mic if you want to use it with your phone but... Who's got a phone with a headphone jack?

The quality is really amazing for the price - paid less than £9 with the current discount and have to say, the cable's better than some £100 ones i've seen. Huge upgrade from the stock Senn cable. Microphonics are decently well controlled, it's flexible enough - somewhere half-ways between rigid and soft.

For the perfect click-in you'll have to grab an exacto knife or a similar cutter and remove the two plastic rings as described by another user. Make sure to roll the MMCX plugs 360 degrees under the knife so you cut the point where these are fixed to the plug. Then they slide off easily. The fit is really really good, they click firmly in place, unlike some others i've tried, even with the plastics removed.

No problem using them with other IEMs afterwards. The red tape was added by me to quickly id the right channel

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #374 of 738
Hi guys, thought you might enjoy reading my IE 300 review, posted here. I have lots of love for these little IEMs, and even though they don't come close to challenging the IE 900 for serious listening, they're my go-to when I need a wired IEM for work, play and everything in-between. Enjoy!

IE300_08.jpg

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #375 of 738
And I have a question: why did Sennheiser use silicone eartips that are different from their standard ones: they are shorter, the membrane is thinner, and they essentially are a size smaller than usual. I have real problems getting a seal and had to use Spinfit CP10 XL. That works.
I have the same issues with the IE300‘s silicone tips. I cannot get a seal with them at any size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back