Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #331 of 738
I love my IE100 Pro's for easy daily driver use. The FR is much more pleasing and easier to listen to than the IE300's. The IE300's are more creamy (polished) but don't have the same energy in the mids/mid-highs for me. The IE100 Pro's need some love!
Yeah they do! I've only had them for 24 hours, but they do kick @$$! They also sound great with my Fiio, and both color match red, so that looks cool.

Jul 5, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #334 of 738
The casing for my IE300s broke already, got them a few days after they released. Contacted Crutchfield about this.
tempImagejAH6JW.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #336 of 738
Hope you get it replaced without any bother.

Out of interest, did the driver intermittently stop working before it came apart?
Nope, I was listening to them like I always do. I remove the rubber tips every 10 days or so to clean them so I went to take off the rubber tip. When I went to remove the tip the casing just came off.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #337 of 738
Bad adhesive by the sound of it, even then that piece should be a push-fit, if not a press-fit. So many issues with this design/manufacturing process. I really hope you get a replacement quickly.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #338 of 738
Jul 10, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #340 of 738
My second pair of these has also died in one channel, this time outside of the Amazon return window:frowning2:

I wonder if it's due to me falling asleep wearing them and wax from my grody ears pooling into them, although that's never been a problem with other iems. Such a shame.

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #341 of 738
My second pair of these has also died in one channel, this time outside of the Amazon return window:frowning2:

I wonder if it's due to me falling asleep wearing them and wax from my grody ears pooling into them, although that's never been a problem with other iems. Such a shame.
Shouldn't be a problem, if you have original tips they have wax filters in them. Anyway, shouldn't be an issue on a modern IEM.

Just another story of another failure I'm afraid... Wonder when Sennheiser will admit there's a major problem?

Jul 10, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #342 of 738
Is there any news about the release of the stock 4.4mm balanced cable? Since IE 900 has been released and its stock 4.4mm balanced cable should be the same for the IE 300, so I think it is about the time the cable will be released, probably in July or August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back