Sennheiser IE series Custom tips discussion ---(Owners unite)
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 176

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
hi guys,

i am wondering who all wud be interested in ACS making Sennheiser IE series custom tips.

i already sent them an email asking if they would be willing to ship/sell internationally if there is a reasonable level of demand.

I am sure most of you will be interested..considering the fact the the Sennheiser tips dont go deep inside..and some are not comfortable enough due to size.

personally i am happy with large bi-flange ..but i would love to give Custom tips a try.

ACS makes custom sleeves/tips for other IEMs and on their website says they are willing to make tips for newer IEMs on request.

Quote:

We are happy to produce a custom-fit sleeve for any existing product.

The mail:
To: 'info@hearingprotection.co.uk'
Quote:

Hi,

I came across ACS on head-fi forums and noticed you make custom sleeves for In-ear monitors. I want to know if you ship/sell them outside UK?

Also, there are lots of owners of Sennheiser IE8 and Sennheiser IE7 on head-fi like me who would be interested in knowing if you can make Custom sleeves for the new Sennheiser IEMs ?

Wayne,
Singapore,
Public Profile: Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Profile: Nocturnal310

lets see where it goes. ..waiting for reply..and determined.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 176
Haha, im in it. But would it be more affordable? if not, i will stick to UE custom tips. :p

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSwift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, im in it. But would it be more affordable? if not, i will stick to UE custom tips. :p

well its an initiative...lets see where it heads.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 176
I prefer ACS too because of the material they use for their custom sleeves. I believe sensaphonics uses the same soft flexible material. You might want to email them too and then compare who offers the best price.

I am going to make custom tips on my own first though. Theres a thread on head-fi here showing you how to do it yourself.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 176
Do you have some pic of how it might the material looks like?

I might be interested.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 176
sleeve2.jpg

sleeve1.jpg

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 176
Thanks. in your experience. How does these isolate comparing to foams/ bi-flange?

They better make a wide enough sound tude(nozzle) for it.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. in your experience. How does these isolate comparing to foams/ bi-flange?

They better make a wide enough sound tude(nozzle) for it.

No idea. Never had custom tips before. But like any tips I expect the sound to change from stock tips, plus I am sure they isolate better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question: Because I am 14 years old, would my ear canals still be growing?

Reading from other people's experience here, ears do change as people grow older. This is one reason why I am not keen on getting expensive custom IEMs.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reading from other people's experience here, ears do change as people grow older. This is one reason why I am not keen on getting expensive custom IEMs.

Oh :/ That company seems to be very good as how they offer custom sleeves. I'll do some research first.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #12 of 176
hi guys..i got a reply from them.

they already have a dealer in singapore who can help me..they already are gonna do it for IE8 soon.

and asked if i wanna do for IE7..i ll have to send it.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys..i got a reply from them.

they already have a dealer in singapore who can help me..they already are gonna do it for IE8 soon.

and asked if i wanna do for IE7..i ll have to send it.

When will they accept orders for the IE8?

I wonder if the cable will be pointing up or down?

because I wear them mine downwards.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #15 of 176
Quote:

Yeah, they need customers to send in IEMs that they do not have fit kits yet. This was confirmed by another poster in another related thread.

They have the fit-kit for IE8. I inquired them few weeks ago and was planning to go there. But unfortunately got very busy with work at my new hospital.
They do not have the model for W3 and wanted me to send the IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back