Sennheiser IE series Custom tips discussion ---(Owners unite)
Apr 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #166 of 176
Soundstage and instrument seperation.

It is not possible to shorten due to the nozzle angle and sound tunnel design.It would
just sound bad if shorten. Cause the sound is already immediately going through that bend after leaving the nozzle. Putting the IEM more inward would create a tighter bend.
which muffles by a tiny change.( you can refer to SpudHarris' 2nd pic).

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #167 of 176
i might have missed it in the previous 12 pages of this thread. sorry if this was already answered.

what is the material like? are they smooth? hard like acrylic or soft and rubbery? how do you clean them and are they removable? did anyone use there "Gel Service"? sounds like it could be handy but i wonder if the gel molds that they store can be used for future IEM custom tips? finally, do you get your molds back when you get your tips?

thanks (from me and my wallet)!

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #168 of 176
I was offer a set of Ear Gels for free. I think they store them for 4 years and ACS keeps them.

material is a soft silicon and its very comfortable. It has some rubbery grip properties. They sure are removable.

you can clean them with whatever you like. I usually use wipes, tissue and my hand.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #169 of 176
They are softish silicon and yes removable fro the HP.

I didn't use the gel service as mine are always with me and I don't live the life of a rockstar musician who may well be in need of this service after having one pinched by the groupie as she leaves the morning after
tongue_smile.gif

Can't believe I just wrote that, how random
confused.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #170 of 176
I had my impressions done today and since it didn't cost any extra, went for a red pair, which I hope look as good as the clears.

After Spud's review, I can't wait, plus I put over the ears clearly visible on the voucher.
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #171 of 176
Had my impressions done today and chose the black tips.

Quite handy really, the guy who does them works in audiology for the NHS in the same hospital where i work, so popped in to see him on his lunch.

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #173 of 176
any pouch or case shall do.

They arent that much bigger than universals. at least for me

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #175 of 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back