Sennheiser IE series Custom tips discussion ---(Owners unite)
Feb 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 176
I contacted AudioRelief here in UK and they said they could sort them for £88 including impressions. I bought my customs for my SE530's from there a few years back and they were manufactured by ACS.

I'll get around to it soon but just splashed out on a custom cable from Milian Acoustics so I'm a bit strapped at present.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #17 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys..i got a reply from them.

they already have a dealer in singapore who can help me..they already are gonna do it for IE8 soon.

and asked if i wanna do for IE7..i ll have to send it.

Who is the dealer in Singapore?

Getting mine soon.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I contacted AudioRelief here in UK and they said they could sort them for £88 including impressions. I bought my customs for my SE530's from there a few years back and they were manufactured by ACS.

I'll get around to it soon but just splashed out on a custom cable from Milian Acoustics so I'm a bit strapped at present.

How did you find custom tip comparing to tips you're using now with the IE8, in terms of isolation and comfort?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you find custom tip comparing to tips you're using now with the IE8, in terms of isolation and comfort?

Thanks

For those not familiar with Custom Molds it can actually feel a little odd, like being under water. The isolation doesn't compare to the stock tips of any phone IMO. That's when you can appreciate all that your phones have to offer and of course there is no niggling doubt that you might be missing detail in what you are listening to. My molds were fairly soft silicon not acrylic so real comfy.

I love the IE8's but the lack of isolation really bugs me, I have resorted to Jays (large) silicon tips but they are a real pain to get on the nozzle.

Customs are definately on my list but the wallets a little light at the mo!

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by daredevil_kk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who is the dealer in Singapore?

Getting mine soon.
tongue_smile.gif

Stereo electronics at Woodlands. the guy called 'Aaron'

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 176
Quote:

The isolation doesn't compare to the stock tips of any phone IMO. That's when you can appreciate all that your phones have to offer and of course there is no niggling doubt that you might be missing detail in what you are listening to.

You're saying they isolation even more? if so, that what I wanted.

Im actually achieve excellent isolation with the IE8. It's doing so well. I listen to the same volume at home and during commute. It is the lowest volume for best listening experience.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #22 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're saying they isolation even more? if so, that what I wanted.

Im actually achieve excellent isolation with the IE8. It's doing so well. I listen to the same volume at home and during commute. It is the lowest volume for best listening experience.

Yes, customs definately isolate more than stock tips. They'll be my next purchase for sure....

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #23 of 176
I would get customs but sounds like id have to go to them to get impressions done and where i live they dont have a store. bummer,

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #24 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would get customs but sounds like id have to go to them to get impressions done and where i live they dont have a store. bummer,

A lot of Optitians now have Audiology depts that will do them, why not try one?

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #25 of 176
Quote:

Yes, customs definately isolate more than stock tips. They'll be my next purchase for sure....

I am wearing them cable downwards. Do you think it would be an issue?

Does the Sound change on your SE530 with the custom tips?
Could you post a pic? thanks a lot

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #26 of 176
I could be interested too!

But I've never had custom tips so I need some information more (maybe stupid):

Don't they need to know my ear/canal shape to make it?

If so how can we buy it online?

How much do custom tips go inside the ear's canal? Can we decide it?

The isolation should be almost perfect but how is the confort?

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #27 of 176
Quote:

A lot of Optitians now have Audiology depts that will do them, why not try one?

Do you mean that we could make an impression and send to them?

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #28 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean that we could make an impression and send to them?

No they do the impressions and send them to whoever makes them or is the seller at least. In my case I went to ''Specsavers'' in the town where I live they did the impressions & sent them to Audiorelief who sent them to ACS with their purchase order. 2 weeks later I got them in the mail.

I sold the SE530's a while back and knackered the molds trying to get them to fit something else, but I've probably got a pic somewhere I can post.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #29 of 176
Quote:

No they do the impressions and send them to whoever makes them or is the seller at least. In my case I went to ''Specsavers'' in the town where I live they did the impressions & sent them to Audiorelief who sent them to ACS with their purchase order. 2 weeks later I got them in the mail.

I sold the SE530's a while back and knackered the molds trying to get them to fit something else, but I've probably got a pic somewhere I can post.

How deep do custom tips go inside?

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #30 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How deep do custom tips go inside?

It'l vary from person to person. The guy doing the impressions looks down your canal and pushes a foam bung on a piece of twine an he'll push it as deep as possible without touching anything down there.

The people doing the moulds level them off but I'm guessing they go at least two times further in than the stock tips which just really block the canal opening as opposed to entering it.

The more I talk about this subject the more I'm wanting them. I'm waiting on a job early next week that could earn me some bonus so if I get it I'm on to AudeoRelief. Wish me luck and keep the thread going until I get them unless someone beats me to it of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back