Sennheiser ie 8 bad cable.
Sep 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #47 of 67
Quote:
That's 100% your fault, and Sennheiser has nothing to do with that.
There is a guarantee, and it has its purpose, but if you begin fiddling and cutting the cables, than NO SINGLE BRAND would repair them for free.
Actually, I simply think you are angry at yourself because you did not think of sending them back, and now you are exteriorating your frustration on Sennheiser.

With ANY brand, you could have a problem or another, and that's where the guarantee comes in handy.

Just stop complaining here, grow up and go buy some cheap phones so that you don't have remorse if they break down.

Best post in this whole thread.
OP if you think the cables on the IE8 are bad I'm affraid your gonna have to buy bluetooth headphones. The IE8 is one of the sturdiest iems you can find, thats not a personal opinion thats a fact. Now if you did get a defective pair gutting them open might not have been a good idea but thats just my 2 cents.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #48 of 67
Where did you buy your IE8?

How much did you pay for it?

Just answer those two questions. I really think that your pair of IE8s are fake. Mind you, fakes are constantly changing and have no consistency. So, in aesthetic terms, they are exactly the same. But other than that, that's where fakes start to differ from genuine ones. Mind you, even some fake sellers are selling items at 95% price of genuine prices to make it sound like they are the real deal. http://www.fakeheadphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=597.0

But if you really got a genuine pair, you should send them back to Sennheiser under warranty. I've never had any problems with their customer service. Pop in my HD228 with a dented driver and cable malfunction, and they gave me a new set instantly. No questions asked. You paid for one of Senn's flagship IEMs, don't you think they will have a good durability factor? They do. And when they fail, you have the 2-year warranty to lean onto.

You pay more for a reason. And when you got yourself a fake one, you only have yourself to blame for not paying more for the real thing.

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #49 of 67

Quote:
The side that doesn't work properly doesn't exist anymore i cut the  cable in two trying Sayanjin method the plastic on that connector its hard like kelvar i couldn't remove the plastic of the connector without breaking the cable in 2.I dont wont to go  through the long proces of guaranty and replacement of the phones i dont have the time for that.

The Sayanjin method ay? Have you tried the Super Sayanjin method? I heard that gets you way better power levels...

Quote:
I don't have the time and nerves for the replacement process and after i cut the cable in 2 i think the guaranty its over and these phones cannot be replace by sennhesier i prefer trying to fix them although i failed to do that  than go through that nightmare.

You purposely cut the wire, and now you are flaming Sennheiser for consequences of your own direct actions? Wow.

So anyway like the previous poster mentioned - Can you tell us where you bought your IE8's from so we can have a better picture of whats going on?

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #50 of 67
I wonder why don't you send it to Sennheiser for warranty (if you just bought it for couple months and it's a genius product) rather than complain them on head-fi. The Sennheiser cable supposes to be one of the best stock cable compare to other brands such as: Shure, UE, Westone. Additionally, Sennheiser customer service is also very good to my experience. I bought an IE8 at RazorDog - USA then I bring it back to Viet Nam, after couple months I experience the similar problem to you, the IE8 is imbalanced so I send it Sennheiser Singapore. They send back to me a new cable and it works great till now. Hope it can help.

Quote:
Sorry if i disturb the sennheiser fans but thats my opinion after using sennheiser products. I m very sad because i lost my money on those bad phones.If you want durable phones stay away from sennheiser ie 8 those phones have the worst durability.I don't want to hear about   sennheiser after this bad experience. I better throw the money on window than buy something from sennheiser.I never experienced this problem with low cost phones. Sayajin i will try that  thanks hope it works.

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #51 of 67
 I throw them in trash bag because after i replaced the cable with a new original   after 10 days one channel sounded very quiet while other worked normally  so i put them to their place which is in the trash. The worst headphones ever are Sennhesier IE 8 bad design bad sound bad durability and expensive clearly the worst phones in the world.The phones were original 100%  i buy them directly from sennhiser authorized dealer.

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #53 of 67
If you really had bought genuines, why didn't you send them back to Sennheiser for free servicing? If you're saying that the IE8 is rubbish, I wonder how you would feel with other in-ears of lower tiers than Senn's flagship IEM. Also, you didn't state where you bought it from. We want to know who's that "Sennheiser Authorized Dealer". And how much you paid for it. Because something's not right when everyone is pleased with their IE8 purchases, and you're not.

Well anyway, I think you might be better off not using IEMs at all...

Quote:
 I throw them in trash bag because after i replaced the cable with a new original   after 10 days one channel sounded very quiet while other worked normally  so i put them to their place which is in the trash. The worst headphones ever are Sennhesier IE 8 bad design bad sound bad durability and expensive clearly the worst phones in the world.The phones were original 100%  i buy them directly from sennhiser authorized dealer.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 67
I've been following this thread since it first started, and i'm so surprised people havent stopped trying to help this guy.

He's been asked many times where he bought it and for how much.. with no reply

He cut the cable himself instead of sending it to Sennheiser..

Either this guy is just dumb.. or he didn't buy a legit pair of IE8s.

End of Story
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #55 of 67
Bogdncristi

You paid for brand new ie8 from an authorized dealer, probably spent around $300+ for them get some bad luck with the unit and you dump them in the trash. WOW! You do realize that part of the reason a name brand product costs so much is because the manufacturer generally stands behind their stuff. New ie8 have a 2 year warranty shoulda just called or emailed Senn and gotten yourself a new pair for virtually free.

Klipsch for example, has even fixed a problem PC sound system for me when it was PAST warranty for no charge.

As for your opinion on how they sound- everyone has their personal tastes and if you thought they sounded like rubbish then I'll take your word on it.

To bad you didn't think to help out the community by offering your unit up for free since you just threw them in the garbage. I'm sure someone would love to have a spare l/r unit or one of our less fortunate/talented members could even build their own cord for them. Think about how good you could have felt about helping someone else, instead of still feeling bitter and angry about it several months later. Opportunity lost, hopefully you've at least learned from it.

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #57 of 67
You can just call Sennhieser and buy the IE8 replacement cable from them. I accidently ordered the 2 foot one which is much to short but I ordered the longer one also. The 2 foot cable is about 25 and the longer one is about 30 dollars.

Quote:
Easier said than done. I've not found the cable quite as magic as you have.

The cable on my IE8s have just started to split above the right ear (after 10 months of very light usage) and I can't find any UK online sellers for whom the cable isn't either "out of stock" or "discontinued".

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #58 of 67
You should get yourself a pair of HD25 II. These things are built like tanks. Steel cable, etc. I am listening to them right now. IEM's are pretty fragile. It does not sound like they are for you.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #59 of 67
Sep 29, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #60 of 67

Quote:

Thanks for the link.

Annoyingly, this is one of the sites that I checked a couple of days ago but they were out of stock at that point. I ended up getting a cable from custom-cable.co.uk  but it cost me an extra £10.

At least I've got a new cable now anyway and I know to wait for Hi Fi Headphones to get stock in if I ever need one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back