Sennheiser ie 8 bad cable.
Jun 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #31 of 67
Wow, it is really hard to understand what you are trying to say bud.

So you're saying that sound comes out properly even when the connector is not connected to the body as instructed?

If so, then why did you post the picture of that side? Shouldn't you be showing us the side that doesn't work properly? 

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #33 of 67
The side that doesn't work properly doesn't exist anymore i cut the  cable in two trying Sayanjin method the plastic on that connector its hard like kelvar i couldn't remove the plastic of the connector without breaking the cable in 2.I dont wont to go  through the long proces of guaranty and replacement of the phones i dont have the time for that.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #34 of 67
Then it looks you're out of luck and you should look for a new set of headphones. I still believe the set you received is a (possible) fake as the IE8 for me is built like a tank. And I'm not just saying that it is because I'm paid by Sennheiser to say that. If you're not prepared to go through all the hassle if the phones break during warranty then don't go and shoot your mouth off. Just buy some cheap phones that you can replace for not much cost.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #35 of 67
Ya I believe you bought a fake for dirt cheap because a normal person who bought ~$400 pair of earphones would go through 'long proces of guaranty and replacement' to try to get it replaced. Or it's maybe just me

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #36 of 67
I don't have the time and nerves for the replacement process and after i cut the cable in 2 i think the guaranty its over and these phones cannot be replace by sennhesier i prefer trying to fix them although i failed to do that  than go through that nightmare.

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #37 of 67
That's 100% your fault, and Sennheiser has nothing to do with that.
There is a guarantee, and it has its purpose, but if you begin fiddling and cutting the cables, than NO SINGLE BRAND would repair them for free.
Actually, I simply think you are angry at yourself because you did not think of sending them back, and now you are exteriorating your frustration on Sennheiser.

With ANY brand, you could have a problem or another, and that's where the guarantee comes in handy.

Just stop complaining here, grow up and go buy some cheap phones so that you don't have remorse if they break down.

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #38 of 67

Quote:
I don't have the time and nerves for the replacement process and after i cut the cable in 2 i think the guaranty its over and these phones cannot be replace by sennhesier i prefer trying to fix them although i failed to do that  than go through that nightmare.

dude...I used IE 7, their cable is very good and durable, and I'm wondering where you're from looking @ how you type.

Anyway, read your quote, "I don't have the time and nerves to do the replacement process", but you have time to post complain, telling everybody not to buy, that senn is a very bad brand, and most importantly you have the time and nerves to try and fix your IE 8 all by yourself...

What makes a brand good is their service, RMA sure takes time, but I don't think it would be that long, if you had tried to service it and they won't accept your stuff (assuming it's like u said, original and under warranty), then u might have what it takes to bash the brand, heck, I'll even help you bash the brand, that's what I hate most when a brand couldn't meet their responsibility...

Senn is expensive for a reason, that also goes to shure, JH audio, grado and others....and they are all known expensive because of their quality...grow up dude

I'll give u another solution, if you don't want it anymore and it's original, just sell it for 10 or 20 USD, u don't want the d*mn thing anyway :) 

Cheers!

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #39 of 67

Quote:

dude...I used IE 7, their cable is very good and durable, and I'm wondering where you're from looking @ how you type.

Anyway, read your quote, "I don't have the time and nerves to do the replacement process", but you have time to post complain, telling everybody not to buy, that senn is a very bad brand, and most importantly you have the time and nerves to try and fix your IE 8 all by yourself...

What makes a brand good is their service, RMA sure takes time, but I don't think it would be that long, if you had tried to service it and they won't accept your stuff (assuming it's like u said, original and under warranty), then u might have what it takes to bash the brand, heck, I'll even help you bash the brand, that's what I hate most when a brand couldn't meet their responsibility...

Senn is expensive for a reason, that also goes to shure, JH audio, grado and others....and they are all known expensive because of their quality...grow up dude

I'll give u another solution, if you don't want it anymore and it's original, just sell it for 10 or 20 USD, u don't want the d*mn thing anyway :) 

Cheers!

lol if it was genuine, I'd take the drivers and buy a replacement cable, but it's highly unlikely to be genuine at this given point in time lol

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #40 of 67
In order to confirm yours is genuine or not, tell us where you bought your IE8 from.

Cuz im still wondering:
-Bad faulty cables
-Unacceptable sound

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #41 of 67
I found the reason why the cable broke Because i removed and insert the cable in the phone very often and this broke the 2 tiny wire , so don't play with the connection remove the cable only if you have a serious reason.

Sep 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #45 of 67

Quote:
Just buy a new cable, the IE8 cables are magic!

Easier said than done. I've not found the cable quite as magic as you have.

The cable on my IE8s have just started to split above the right ear (after 10 months of very light usage) and I can't find any UK online sellers for whom the cable isn't either "out of stock" or "discontinued".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back