Sennheiser ie 8 bad cable.
Jun 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #16 of 67

Quote:
I will never buy anything from sennheiser after this and i think  sennheiser is the worst company in the world.I recommend to all who want to buy a new pair of phones to avoid sennheiser buy from ultimate ears buy from jays there are many better brands sennheiser is the worst don't belive the good reviews avoid sennheiser phones or you will lose your money and get nothing.There not fake this is the quality of sennheiser phones thanks for the link i identify that mine are real sennheiser ,i think fake ie 8 have better cable than original :).

No. Just no.

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 67
I think sennheiser its a big lie this company make cheap headphones and sells them very pricely. Not only the  cable was the problem the sound was not impressive for the  price  asked i compared with a razer ProTone m100 and the sound was the same ,  i used also many midlle price fullsize phones from sennheiser and compared them with a low cost Philips SHP2000 and panasonic dj 100 the diference was sennheiser have bloated bass , annoying treble , the philips and panasonic dj 100 sound was better was a natural sound but with less bass.Its your money i just want to give a good advice based on my  experience with sennehiser products Compare your ie 8 with headphones like razor or better and tell the diference im sure anybody can notice that the only clearly difference its the high price of sennheiser ,so why would you pay 10 times more for a phone that have performance like a cheap phone.This phone costs 400-450$ but in reality deserves only 60-70$ its a waste of money.I simply cannot understand why this garbage phones have good reviews when its cleary that are low performance/durability phones with high price.

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #18 of 67
well lets see

-bad build
-terrible sound

Has it ever occur to you that you have bought a fake pair of ie8s?
I have own mine for almost a year now, and the cable is down right durable to the core. Mine has even been run over by a bicycle , drop 2 floors, sat on the couch many times and it still works perfectly.Heck, you even say a low cost phillips sounds better than it. Why not you take a moment to reconsider whether yours is genuine or not? If the sound is so bad as you describe, why would others fancy it so much? Why would anyone pay the price bracket of 300-400 for this? At worst, you could sent yours to sennheiser for rma, since the build is a no go. Remember companies such as sennheiser is build from reputation over the years, not by cheating people over the years

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #19 of 67
Hi BOgdncrsti,

Our headphone products are covered with a 2 year warranty.

If it's faulty, I would suggest you return them to your dealer for a replacement unit.

Do note that a valid, dated proof of purchase from an authorized dealer or reseller is necessary to establish the warranty period. 

More information (if you're in the USA) - http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_warranty

Hope this helps!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 21, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #20 of 67
Sorry mate but the Sennheiser IE8 cable is the strongest and most durable cable that I have used with any IEM so far since I bought it one year ago for my daily commutes to and from work and town and you certainly may have a fake IE8. In terms of losing the sound in one ear (which has happened to me occasionally) I just detach the IEM, clean the connectors, just blow gently into the IEM and re-attach. Problem solved.

Now instead of whining and jumping to assumptions about Sennheiser and their build quality why not take pictures of the IEM and cables, post them on a image-hosting site and show them to us so we can compare the IE8 to our real IEM's and see if they really are fake (they could be) 

Also about the "bloated bass , annoying treble". If you've read the "IE8 Appreciation Thread" you would have noticed that the IE8 takes a lot of time (200 - 500 hours) to burn in and for the sound to open up. If you've only just bought them then I'm not surprised they sound like that to you.

If you're going to buy anything that costs $400 to $450 then you should do some basic research (go online, read and compare reviews, make sure you are purchasing from a reputable retailer) before you part with your money. If you aren't prepared to do that, then you're a dumb-ass and deserve to get ripped off.

I've used Sennheiser products for five years and every product I've used has been mint. I'm sure others have the experience that I have had.

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #21 of 67
My phones are real sennheisers are the same in all aspects with  the real one found in  luq92 link if you don't belive i make photos to proof the sad true , this is the sennheiser quality of products my cable worked 4 months the burn in was made in this time and the sound is weak even after burn in ie 8 have an ugly bloated  bass and an ear scratching treble the mids are almost absent this is the sound coming from a 450 $ sennheiser phones is this normal ? There is no fake mine are true shitheinnser phones.I never posted photos on forum tell me how i post and i will post to demonstrate that i have true sennheiser phones. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #23 of 67
21enwia.jpg
The image its bad because my phone camera cannot focus on small things hope you identify that those are real i identified by luq92 link every aspect of real not fake phones.

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #25 of 67

Quote:
The only thing I see from your bad pic is that the cable connector is not properly connected to the phone.

Yup, I noticed that as well; just chiming in my two cents that the IE8s are known for their cable quality above most of the other top IEMs; that and I'm sure if you explain yourself to the dealers, assuming you got them from an authorised dealer and assuming they are genuine pairs, then I'm pretty darn sure they (Sennheiser) will take care of you

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #26 of 67
I agree with the other 2 posts on top that from your picture, its obvious that the wire has not been connected properly even though its blur. And if its spoilt, send it to your authorized dealer and ask them to send it for repair has the IE8 have a 2-year International Warranty.

Please do bear in mind that if you hate Sennheiser so much because it sucks or whatever, keep that comments to yourself and not tell EVERYBODY not to buy them. And where did you buy your IE8 from anyway? If you say Sennheiser are Rip-offs and sell them really pricey, check out Bose and UE (after being bought by Logictech).

I've been using my IE8 since November 2008 (that is even earlier than yur Head-fi Account), no problems so far and it sounds great. I've been burning in for 2000 hours and nothing is broken or spoiled. The wires are in excellent condition and still as durable as before. I love Sennheiser because they make great products like the Orpheus, HD800 and the IE8s.

Lastly, no matter how much you hate them, MOST of us have better Sound, more Reliable cable IE8s than yours. Its either yours is really a fake, or you are just unlucky that your IE8 is a faulty one (which i doubt so).

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #27 of 67

Quote:
The only thing I see from your bad pic is that the cable connector is not properly connected to the phone.

Exactly, the connection should be up against the body. If you push this up and find it works I pressume you will take back your immature comments?
I have looked at this thread a few times and found it erm not worth replying to. If your tv is faulty do you go on forums slating "that" brand?
Grow up.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #30 of 67
No that  its not affecting , that its the working channel and i tried to see if its something with the connection but no the phones didn't worked even after i check the connection of the cable with the phone.The sound don t disturbed me that much because the sound from those phones is acceptable.What realy disturbed me  is a 450 $ phone to broke in a few months without  doing any damage to them the cable its intact but only one channel works anyone would be very angry if this happens Bad durability that its what i hate the most on a product.Durability its the most important thing on a product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back