Sennheiser HH10 Headphone Stand -- How is it and other options
Aug 15, 2007 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
I just purchased my first new headphone ever, a set of HD650s to replace my defective HD600's. I've had a lot of headphones up to now but they've all been used, so I want to baby these.

I was looking into getting a real headphone stand. I am amazed at how expensive these are. Oddly enough the cheapest I've found is the manufacturer's one HH10 with a MSRP of $17.

hh10normaljr4.jpg

The problem is the desk I would attach them to is 1" deep, and I can't find any specs for it. In fact, I can't find any info about this at all except the picture on Sennheiser's site. Anyone here know more about it?

Also, any good alternatives cheaper then $30?

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an extra woo audio stand if you want it, it is in black.

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wahps.html

pm me if you are interested, i got rid of all my headphone stuff, but still have this stand.

DIY is also another option

I was considering these. What makes me nervous though is that it would put all the pressure on the center, which over time would make an indentation in the foam.

0020080650158qh4.jpg

I'm incredibly OCD about things like this
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 44
Lucky you. Newer HD650s appear to have an indent in the middle of the foam.

HD650_normal.jpg

Edit: And if you want a 'stand on the cheap' a lamp with a sturdy base always works.

Holds up my DT770s and HD650s just fine. Unless, of course, I put a headphone on too close to the end. Then all hell breaks loose as the lamp arcs downwards trying to attack my arm and shatter its bulb..

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky you. Newer HD650s appear to have an indent in the middle of the foam.

HD650_normal.jpg

Edit: And if you want a 'stand on the cheap' a lamp with a sturdy base always works.

Holds up my DT770s and HD650s just fine. Unless, of course, I put a headphone on too close to the end. Then all hell breaks loose as the lamp arcs downwards trying to attack my arm and shatter its bulb..

Really? i bought the hd650 pretty much as it came out over here in europe but i have the same indent in the foam!

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #6 of 44
I have one of those hangers - it'll open to a maximum of 35mm (1.38 inches). It actually holds HD650s well, as it disperses the weight over a large, padded area. I don't see it causing any compression problems.

It also has a groove which stops the headphones falling off easily.

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 44
I've had the HD650 for months and always stored it on top of the box it came in. Last week, however, I bought the Sennheiser headphone hanger from meier-audio.com when I ordered my Corda Cantate (15 instead of 25 euro in combination with an amp, to good a deal not to snatch up, I was looking for a hanger anyway). The hanger is of good quality and my HD650 are very comfortable hanging on it
biggrin.gif
. And yes, the HD650 has a dent in the foam.

Edit: here, took a few pictures for you to consider (thumbnails, click for 800x600):

Hope that helps.

Edit: here it is in the horizontal position:

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #9 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you can clamp it onto a horizontal or vertical edge - the hanger can be rotated in 90º increments.

Yep. As you can see in the pics above, I currently have it in vertical position. But in the link in my sig (laptop rig) there's a picture somewhere in which I have it in the horizontal position on my desk. You can place it anywhere.

Edit: I posted it in the above post for you.

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #10 of 44
I have 2 of the Senn hangers. I think they are great. It babies the headband. The only thing to look out for is if you put it in a high traffic area they will fall with the slightest nudge. I also have the woo audio stand which looks great but I am concerned about the pressure too. But so far it has not effected my 595's. For my $ I would go with the Senn hanger. Koss makes some cheap plastic hangers that are pretty good too.

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 2 of the Senn hangers. I think they are great. It babies the headband. The only thing to look out for is if you put it in a high traffic area they will fall with the slightest nudge.

What? Did you turn it tightly enough? I can actually pull with reasonable force without the hanger moving. The book closet it is hanging on will be pulled over before it moves, actually (I almost did that when testing it just now, lol
tongue.gif
).

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #13 of 44
you'll be fine with the Senn holder. I have 2 on my equipment rack with 3/4" thick shelves and it's on the lowest setting.

I also have a couple banana stands that I got from bed bath and beyond for $10 that work well and look nice

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to get one of these but the price in th UK is a joke, about $35 - $40
confused.gif

you can check shipping from NY to where you live use zip 14744 as reference. if it'll be cheaper you can have one shipped to me and I'll forward it along to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back