Sennheiser HE90
Feb 24, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #61 of 79
that was the most eloquent and perfect analogy I've ever read on this forum

Quote:
I spent 5 years with the Orpheus combo it's like drinking strawberry juice everyday ,the Stax Sr-009  is like crystal clear water
wich one do you choose in the long run?

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #62 of 79
Quote:
thinker said:

I spent 5 years with the Orpheus combo it's like drinking strawberry juice everyday ,the Stax Sr-009  is like crystal clear water
wich one do you choose in the long run?

That was beautiful! Perfect!

Overall, crystal clear water I think! Although the taste of both is seductive. I love both, and both are "the best" sounding transducers out there!

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #64 of 79
Although I haven't had the chance to hear the 009's, I've read many posts by those who thought they were too bright. That's certainly not a word I would use to describe the HE90's, that sounds more like every Grado I've tried. The Aristeaus is a more resolving amp than the HEV90 for sure, it removes the strawberry juice(syrupy) effect
biggrin.gif
 IMO. Gary 

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #65 of 79

Orpheus with proper system is realistic, dynamic and with the best bass from all electrostatic headphones. I heard it with top SME turntable (Dynavector XV-1 cartridge) and it was the best headphone sound in almost every aspects I have ever heard. Pure magic.

Stax SR-009 is to me slightly like dance with ghosts.

Headphone strawberry or maybe more peach juice is rather Omega II.

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #66 of 79
I share the same feeling as Wiktor's
I find that the HE90 has the best bass and deepest
I also find the HE90 more involving than the SR009 which are beautiful but probably 
less life : like dance with ghosts?
O2 has a warmer sound , so it depends on personal preferences
Thai head-fiers are trying to build the KGSSHV and probably will finish within 2 months
Second DIY T2 will be ready within a month
The next step that we are thinking  and are keeping close watch  is the new  electrostatic amplifier , again
designed by Kevin 
Hope we know more about the electrostatic amplifier for each headphones

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #67 of 79

Quote:
I share the same feeling as Wiktor's
I find that the HE90 has the best bass and deepest
I also find the HE90 more involving than the SR009 which are beautiful but probably 
less life : like dance with ghosts?
O2 has a warmer sound , so it depends on personal preferences
Thai head-fiers are trying to build the KGSSHV and probably will finish within 2 months
Second DIY T2 will be ready within a month
The next step that we are thinking  and are keeping close watch  is the new  electrostatic amplifier , again
designed by Kevin 
Hope we know more about the electrostatic amplifier for each headphones

Precisely, that is my opinion, but Wiktor’s is very similar. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #69 of 79

Quote:

I show you who is Wiktor

Umm! These are really really old pictures. I remember seeing these in other posts for HE90.

Wiktor has sold many HE90s on eBay, and I woundn't be surprised if the one thats being sold currently (for $33,299 ONLY
rolleyes.gif
) will be one of his last pair. I assume this only because other auctions were sold between 17k-22k if I recall it correctly, and he really wants to milk the cow for this last pair.

I really hope Wiktor gets the T2 (which he has been looking for), where someone else knows how to make a coin off of him.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #71 of 79
I'm actually going to sell my HE90/HEV90 very soon.  Just an FYI.  I'm putting it all together with pictures today.  If anyone wants to PM me.. now's the time :wink:

Neil

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #72 of 79
New Sennheiser stats are debuting soon with demos at the RMAF.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621997/ray-samuels-a-10-or-wes-for-sr-009/30#post_8602846

I'm stoked, maybe they really did hear my prayers? Now, I'm just hoping they don't screw up the tuning. :rolleyes:

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #73 of 79
While I think the HE-90 is the best looking headphone I've ever seen, if I was nitpicking which I suppose I am, I think it would have looked better with a wider headband, similar to the SR-009's leather section around 3". If this new electrostatic headphone Sennheiser's working on looked just like the HE-90 but with around a 3" wide headband, then not only would I definitely buy one, but I'd probably end up going to bed with it on.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #74 of 79
The HE90 is in my top 2 for looks. It's a real looker when you get good pictures of it. I'd really like to hear it out of a proper amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back