Sennheiser HD820
Jun 5, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #4,022 of 4,412
It is on the box but there is no web page to check it anymore. Once you scan qr code from the box it used to take you to sennheiser web page where you could type the number but not anymore.
The sticker should take you to the Web site but you are correct about the Ser # input, it's been a few years now.
You can still just call or email to confirm.

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #4,023 of 4,412
Elsewhere someone brought up Teleman's "12 fantasias for solo flute"
So.. starting listening to this recording this morning, sounds great on the HD820s, excellent rendering of an acoustic space.....bear in mind though that every breath intake and ambient noise is present.
65B46C5B-FBA5-4FBC-A478-DC44B9A194AB.jpeg
https://tidal.com/browse/album/187431318

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #4,024 of 4,412
Elsewhere someone brought up Teleman's "12 fantasias for solo flute"
So.. starting listening to this recording this morning, sounds great on the HD820s, excellent rendering of an acoustic space.....bear in mind though that every breath intake and ambient noise is present.
Interesting....just compared this recording through the HD660S2, all the same audio ques but way more delineated and correct with the HD820 IMHO...some may actually prefer the S2 because as all the ambient and breathing may be distracting....for me bring it on. lol : )

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #4,027 of 4,412
Ok, thanks. I thought it was something from the outside. I bought mine from a trusty distributor, believing they wouldn't play dirty. It never crosses my mind to worry about that. With Sennheisers, you know what you are getting, no fancy schmancy accessories...only fancy sound :)
You should enjoy music with the possibly greatest-sounding headphones :)
If these anomalies bother you, contact the distributor and request a new pair or a refund.

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #4,028 of 4,412
Ok, thanks. I thought it was something from the outside. I bought mine from a trusty distributor, believing they wouldn't play dirty. It never crosses my mind to worry about that. With Sennheisers, you know what you are getting, no fancy schmancy accessories...only fancy sound :)
You should enjoy music with the possibly greatest-sounding headphones :)
If these anomalies bother you, contact the distributor and request a new pair or a refund.
I bought mine from trusty distributor as well but it just makes me curious why some have 1 stickers, some 2 stickers and I dont have any. I tried my best to show how this sticker looks like. Sennheiser could explain little bit more. Same situation with the box, I was expecting wooden box and 3 cables but that privilege only have early production models as far as I know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605_220630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_220630_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #4,029 of 4,412
I bought mine from trusty distributor as well but it just makes me curious why some have 1 stickers, some 2 stickers and I dont have any.
The simple answer could be that they just simply ran out of stickers, par for the course these days on a lot of things, sadly. : (

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #4,031 of 4,412
Hi
Please would you mind to describe your experience with the HD800 and your ZX-707?

I'm wondering if it can fully drive it.. or I better find other headphones with less ohms :)

So whether you are intending to use the Sony ZX-707 to drive a HD800, HD800S, or HD820, you will need at least read this entire thread to make sure that you buy a Sony ZX-707 with High Gain, which is apparently dependent on which country that ZX-707 was released:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/10y9gpn/psa_sony_nwzx707_have_various_models_that/

According to this thread, remember that:
  • EU, US, CAN, and Singapore models DOES NOT have high gain option
  • JP, HK, India and Malaysia models DOES include high gain option

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #4,032 of 4,412
So whether you are intending to use the Sony ZX-707 to drive a HD800, HD800S, or HD820, you will need at least read this entire thread to make sure that you buy a Sony ZX-707 with High Gain, which is apparently dependent on which country that ZX-707 was released:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/10y9gpn/psa_sony_nwzx707_have_various_models_that/

Got it from Japan already :)

I was thinking about a good pair of cans, and wondering if it would be enough the 707 (uncapped) for it

Jun 11, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #4,033 of 4,412
So as i promised, i have published my impressions (under the form of a review) of the HD820 here. This is my first attempt at a review so, please, do be gentle while reading. Also, time had to be split between this and Diablo 4 (i know, i also hate Blizzard but it's the only thing i'm playing and have played in a long, very long while).

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #4,034 of 4,412
So as i promised, i have published my impressions (under the form of a review) of the HD820 here.
:thumbsup:...Trance, EDM, electronica et al only makes up a small niche in my broad collection of musical genres so always interesting to discover some different stuff, and yes the HD820 do a great job there. IMHO. : )

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #4,035 of 4,412

Sorry maybe my last comment was not clear, but I'm wondering if I'm not overshooting attempting to get the HD800 or 820; if they are not drivable by the dap I have

any input you could share will lead me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back