1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
  1. Koolpep
    Thanks guys, that explains it. It’s always fun to be caught in a transitional phase. I like the 4.4mm idea of using this for home and mobile (instead of the tiny 2.5mm) but none of my gear has this (yet) ....sigh, so adapters are coming in to convert 4.4 to XLR, 4.4 to 3.5mm balanced and 4.4 to 2.5mm balanced.

2. Koolpep
    Ok - my observations after a couple of days having these:

I was frustrated with having to find the right fit for the bass to shine. But then I had the epiphany - it's not only how they sit on your head but also the bloody earpads need to warm up to be soft enough to mold to year head....so after 20 -30 minutes suddenly it all falls into place and my "real' listening session can begin.

They rock - that soundstage and that fullness of sound - amazing.

Once the seal is achieved - reallly lovely full and engaging sound that makes me smile with every new (old) song I listen to them for the first time.

I wish someone would come up with easier to use earpads that provide a better seal right away...

EDIT: Can someone confirm this? Do you have the same experience?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    trellus likes this.
  3. kernel8888
    i had good luck by taking the pad off the headband and carefully bending the metal headband to increase clamp. extend the cups to their longest length makes it easier.

trellus and Beagle like this.
  4. Koolpep
    I shall try this tomorrow. Many thanks.

5. kiling92
    Ok guys,i bought the stellias.
    My impression against hd820?
    As l said everyone in the web prefer so far the stellia,Someone think the 820 isn't choerent between the middle and the bass frequencies.
    Personally i prefer the stellia sound segnature because is warmer and a bit more detailed than 820.
    But the 820 with his soundstage give life to the music...the stellia DON'T have any soundstage..is a really big lack (sorry for my english).
    Two beautiful pair of headphones,BOTH at the same level IMHO

trellus likes this.
  6. AppleheadMay
    You didn't read a lot then.

Beagle and pietcux like this.
  7. kiling92
    Nono,believe me i red everywhere in the web,and the difference between impedances,due to the fact that the 820 suffers from sudden temperature changes,for mobile setup generally stellia is preferred.
    About sound signature the general sound is too dry,the bass in the 820 is inexistent...in my hopinion isn't true.
    Because before judge a headphone you should keep them at least 3 months,the burn in factor is too important and for each headphone you have to find the right sinergy.
    For me the 820 is really a beautiful headphone despite many people criticize it.
    If you close your eyes you're in a big room and the sound comes to Life,the clarity is better than stellia,is so clean...
    unfortunately it has been designed to be a closed headphone, and therefore portable, but unfortunately you can't carry it around, after an hour of walking they create the haze of condensation in the gorilla glass.

8. AppleheadMay
    A portable headphone is best closed but not every closed headphone is meant to be portable.
    Anyway, I have no need for wearing headphones outdoors.

kiling92 likes this.
  9. relevate
    Hello,
    I've noticed, that the top of the headband of the HD820 makes some pressure on the head after longer usage… are there any solutions for that? tried with a little bit foam, which helps but looks quite silly.

First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191