Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Nov 25, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,291 of 6,504
Why don't you ask Drew yourself? Moon Audio has their own sponsored forum here and Drew is a member. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #1,293 of 6,504
Supply chain is apparently not a real thing?

Asking the manufacturer "When is it released?" is a hell of a lot different to asking your supplier "When can I get some"

"Can I place an order" and "Delivery date?" aren't questions that should be asked before advertising "We can sell you this at this date"?

It's not as if no one is asking "when and how much?" and the best word so far has been 2016

"Bob in sales told me xx/xx/2015" is not quite confirmation.

Same source (who thought it was HD800's, not HD800S's he was asking about) is the source of the price as well?

"TBA" is a valid price and release date to advertise until your stock is confirmed.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,294 of 6,504
IMHO, there are enough issues for reasonably concern and it needs to be addressed (Moon Audio). The hd800S is a huge deal to this community and we are all waiting anxiously. If you are going to be a major product dealer selling mostly at retail price, you MUST have your website info both current and correct.

In addition to the 800S and mojo problems, you can add Dharma to the list. I got on the Moon Audio site just this week looking to purchase the Dharma. According to the site, the headphone showed in stock as of November 10th and currently in stock. I called Moon just to confirm stock and they said that they didn't have any stock. They also indicated that they hadn't updated the website since selling out. 

In fairness, I feel that the guys at Moon need to address the issues of updating the website, so that purchasers can make informed decisions confidently. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,295 of 6,504
Wow....... First world problems are really shining through on this thread. As much as I love this hobby it really turns me off with all this bickering nonsense
rolleyes.gif

Lets start off with a clean slate, shall we?

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #1,297 of 6,504
As soon as you switch the destination to the UK on Value.com the 800's jump from 888 Euros (£624) to £998. What a rip off this country is, 350 quid extra for the same headphones, and they have a VAT rate of 21% as well.

I even registered, really tempted at that price. Wonder how much the tweaks on the new ones will add to the price. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #1,298 of 6,504
  As soon as you switch the destination to the UK on Value.com the 800's jump from 888 Euros (£624) to £998. What a rip off this country is, 350 quid extra for the same headphones, and they have a VAT rate of 21% as well.

I even registered, really tempted at that price. Wonder how much the tweaks on the new ones will add to the price. 

And were back!

I also am looking forward to this headphone, I did not buy the current hd800, but I've heard it and passed on it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,299 of 6,504

And were back!

I also am looking forward to this headphone, I did not buy the current hd800, but I've heard it and passed on it.

Oh wow I just bought a pair off ebay, there they were at £675 would you believe. Should go find the HD800 thread now I guess.

Brand new factory sealed with warranty, a little worried as it's a lot of money and everywhere else charges over £1100 but someone else bought another pair from them and said they were genuine. Got Paypal protection. I have an Audiolab MDAC and Little Dot 3 Tube Amp, fond memories of the HD 600's from my CD changer through on an integrated amp with bass and treble controls so I hope these will be stunning to my ears.   

Going to use a balance transfer and stick them on my other credit card and pay no interest, can swallow the fee. Means I don't have to dip into my cash ISA which doesn't mature for another six months. Can upgrade my amp or maybe even my DAC then if needs be.  

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #1,300 of 6,504

Oh wow I just bought a pair off ebay, there they were at £675 would you believe. Should go find the HD800 thread now I guess.

Brand new factory sealed with warranty, a little worried as it's a lot of money and everywhere else charges over £1100 but someone else bought another pair from them and said they were genuine. Got Paypal protection. I have an Audiolab MDAC and Little Dot 3 Tube Amp, fond memories of the HD 600's from my CD changer through on an integrated amp with bass and treble controls so I hope these will be stunning to my ears.   

Going to use a balance transfer and stick them on my other credit card and pay no interest, can swallow the fee. Means I don't have to dip into my cash ISA which doesn't mature for another six months. Can upgrade my amp or maybe even my DAC then if needs be.  

Enjoy they are great headphones.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #1,302 of 6,504
IMHO, there are enough issues for reasonably concern and it needs to be addressed (Moon Audio). The hd800S is a huge deal to this community and we are all waiting anxiously. If you are going to be a major product dealer selling mostly at retail price, you MUST have your website info both current and correct.

In addition to the 800S and mojo problems, you can add Dharma to the list. I got on the Moon Audio site just this week looking to purchase the Dharma. According to the site, the headphone showed in stock as of November 10th and currently in stock. I called Moon just to confirm stock and they said that they didn't have any stock. They also indicated that they hadn't updated the website since selling out. 

In fairness, I feel that the guys at Moon need to address the issues of updating the website, so that purchasers can make informed decisions confidently. 

It's an unofficial preorder system. You can complain all you want but honestly they have nothing to answer for as they didn't do anything wrong. Everyone will get their shiny new gear and the world will once again be balanced. There are going to be plenty of places to order the HD800S trust me.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,303 of 6,504
Well it's clear they don't have their website connected to their order and inventory management systems.  I don't think they are a really big company and acquiring a solution that like is quite pricey and deemed unnecessary probably.  I can imagine that they can solve this quite easily, but oh well.  It really creates a cost for them.  Unhappy customers, time spent on dealing with incorrect pre-orders.  

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,304 of 6,504

There's always Amazon.de, Amazon.it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back