Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Nov 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #1,277 of 6,504

But on their website it says that that headphone will be arriving this week?
http://www.moon-audio.com/sennheiser-hd800s-headphones.html
Are they liars?

More likely just careless.   Lots of people don't keep a close eye on what's on their webpage.   

Agree this isn't doing them any favors.  If they won't be here till January I'd say that price is just 'made up' as well.  

Sloppy.   Really sloppy.  

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,278 of 6,504
But on their website it says that that headphone will be arriving this week?
http://www.moon-audio.com/sennheiser-hd800s-headphones.html
Are they liars?

I hope so (not that I am itching to buy) but if not it is pretty shady business practice.

They were the first to show Hifiman's Edition X in Stock too and a few days later it showed up on other websites. So it could be true. Just have to wait and see or give them a call.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,282 of 6,504
Moon audio is not doing themselves any favors with poor business practices. They just lost at least one customer... Me.

Actually I did exchange emails with Drew briefly this morning and the issue doesn't seem to be his fault. He asked Sennheiser when they would be released and the person on the other end thought he was referring to the HD800's, not HD800S's....so he said "next week". Just some mis-communication. Not sure how this caused you any personal injury...he didn't take your money and hold on to it for months and months. It was a miscommunication from the vendor....They'll be released when they're released...and by the looks of it, early 2016.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,283 of 6,504
  Sennheiser HD800's prices in the European Union:

888€
http://www.valuebasket.es/es_ES/Auriculares-Sennheiser-HD800/mainproduct/view/13056-AA-NA?AF=GOOES&gclid=CjwKEAiAstCyBRDiqu75hvnX82kSJACgYI_QqIsN94l2gdpcmsda-MSP8Gzs_O0TKI1yVyj_u_3MKxoCsBDw_wcB

849€ (Andorra, incl. taxes)
http://www.menfis-and.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6481

Maybe HD800S will sell for 1k in a few months :)

Just trying to work out whether VAT and Import duties would be payable. Andorra isn't in the EU but is treated as such for manufactured goods, they have a 4.5% VAT rate whereas the EU is 20%. £600 + postage, very tempting for an impulse buy.

EDIT: VAT adds £120. 

http://www.dutycalculator.com/   A handy little site. 

Anyone know the lowest price the 800's have been seen in the UK? 

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #1,285 of 6,504
  Drew is one of the good guys, anyone who has dealt with him would say the same. People take a chill pill *** and stop jumping to BS conclusions.....

Agreed...Drew is definitely one of the good guys!

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #1,286 of 6,504

Actually I did exchange emails with Drew briefly this morning and the issue doesn't seem to be his fault. He asked Sennheiser when they would be released and the person on the other end thought he was referring to the HD800's, not HD800S's....so he said "next week". Just some mis-communication. Not sure how this caused you any personal injury...he didn't take your money and hold on to it for months and months. It was a miscommunication from the vendor....They'll be released when they're released...and by the looks of it, early 2016.

Sounds like b.s. to me.   Where did the $1699 price come from?  

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,287 of 6,504
It would be nice if someone from Moon jumped on and said, "hey, our bad. We are trying to get headphones product info out quickly as possible but we got this one wrong." Or something of the sort IMO. It's what I would do as a business owner.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,288 of 6,504
  Sounds like b.s. to me.   Where did the $1699 price come from?  

He asked them and that's what they responded. I have no reason to doubt him. I've known Drew for a number of years and he's a stand up buy. Seriously folks...move on, this is a non-issue IMO.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,289 of 6,504
Wow... Just wow. This is something you're losing sleep over? Take a deep breath and enjoy your life. I can't think of any reasonable alternative motive were Moon Audio would have to gain here. He asked and they responded. So he set it up with the information given. Oh, and that photo... Google images. :wink:

I'm done here, just saying what I heard and again, knowing Drew for years, he is a stand up guy...many newer members should think about this first.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,290 of 6,504
Wow... Just wow. This is something you're losing sleep over? Take a deep breath and enjoy your life. I can't think of any reasonable alternative motive were Moon Audio would have to gain here. He asked and they responded. So he set it up with the information given. Oh, and that photo... Google images.
wink.gif

I'm done here, just saying what I heard and again, knowing Drew for years, he is a stand up guy...many newer members should think about this first.

And I still call b.s., glad your done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back