Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Oct 28, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #707 of 6,504
I'm not too proud to admit that while watching that video...I wet myself, more than once. 
redface.gif

Can you imagine the guys from Senn, pulling that one up and just rofl...until one of the higher ups walks buy wanting to know what was going on. I'd give $100 to be a fly on the wall for that. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #708 of 6,504
It's overplayed, I've seen like 90 version of it already, and to be honest the original story is the best. :p

This HD800 version kind of sucks, it's not well synced at all and it's obvious the subs are fake, it's only going to be funny to people who are in this hobby.

do you have a link to a subtitled original ?

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #710 of 6,504
  I'm not too proud to admit that while watching that video...I wet myself, more than once. 
redface.gif

Can you imagine the guys from Senn, pulling that one up and just rofl...until one of the higher ups walks buy wanting to know what was going on. I'd give $100 to be a fly on the wall for that. 

You can be pretty sure that most people who sell "high end" cables and other incredibly overpriced hi-fi accessories have a lot of meetings that go something like that one in the video.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #711 of 6,504

You can be pretty sure that most people who sell "high end" cables and other incredibly overpriced hi-fi accessories have a lot of meetings that go something like that one in the video.

Well, in that case, if it's so spot-on, the video wouldn't be that bad after all, now would it? Truth be told, I thought the original story was totally lame. It's not even about the story, just about the guy's crazy laugh. In the end (to keep this on topic) it's the same as with headphones: taste varies, and there will be those who'll find the new version better and those who will swear by "the original".

Edit: The Macbook version is the funniest though, that one really made me laugh out loud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #713 of 6,504
 Why charge more for a slight improvement when your asking folks to buy 2009 technology...............as new? :upside_down:

I mean, the going rate for 1991 used technology is well in excess of $20,000. $1,599 for 2009 technology may or may not be a good deal, but the year is beside the point.

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #714 of 6,504
I wonder how much the sound tweaking will be worth in actual money. The HD800 will dig quite deep in the pockets as it is, and it seems that the price keeps getting higher and higher. I guess you just have to wait and see.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #715 of 6,504

I mean, the going rate for 1991 used technology is well in excess of $20,000. $1,599 for 2009 technology may or may not be a good deal, but the year is beside the point.

Yup

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #716 of 6,504
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzdb0txR_c

Oh please. Can someone make one about Sennheiser and HD800S. Preferably about the outrage of including a balanced cable.
L3000.gif

EDIT: Omg its already been done LOLL https://youtu.be/BkZPj9F0y18

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #718 of 6,504
  What do you consider a high end amp? I have never once heard of the LCD3, or any LCD for that matter being called harsh. I've owned the HD650 and currently own the LCD-X and they are in entirely different leagues on every amp/dac combo I have had, which is many. The HD650 is supremely comfortable, but the SQ does not touch higher echelon headphones.

yeah i did say the say the lcd are better but not for that kind of money you pay extra and they are bloody heavy!

Sennheiser HD650 (£230)

Audeze LCD3 (£1,600)

maybe im stupid for taking the sennheiser and walking away with £1,370 

the LCD is a very smooth and it was  until i paired it with burson it had some harsh peaks imo, im a beleiver in synergy not just high specced high priced amps because it matches the price of the LCD3

i have always gone back to 650 for its musicality, smooth tone and great body. 

tyl from innerfidelity always keeps around a combination of the 600/650 + bottle head crack amp to remind people how amazing it sounds in comparison to the multi-thousand dollar headphone rigs he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back