ImaPoser.gif

Oh... sorry.

shog.gif

Apples and oranges really.

Wow that's a bold statment!
beerchug.gif
Good for you!

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #362 of 554
Cool it, guys. The 800 will get here when it gets here. No one held a gun to our heads and forced us to get in line. Now's not the time to forget why we're here in the first place. I think we all realize that the 800 is very special and that we've bought tickets for a performance that's going to take us to the next level. However long the wait, I think the vast majority of us (I hear only one or two rumblings) realize that no really good thing comes without effort and sacrifice. Patience. The wait will make the arrival all the more pleasurable. Hang in there! We won't regret it.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #363 of 554
Tyll / Jorge, can you take a WAG at the % of HF members of hd800 orders at HR, por favor?

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #365 of 554
X2 on the balanced. Hopefully, Senn reps understand that many of us who are willing to buy the HD800s already have balanced rigs and/or want to experience the HD800s both single-ended and balanced. Sennheiser can surely make that happen for CanJam, right?
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #366 of 554
A balanced aftermarket cable will be available next week, as connectors have shipped, so, it will be at CanJam for sure. Caveat: Assuming Senn does not change connectors.

May also have a stock cable reterminated as I ordered one Monday from SennUSA, though with an estimated one month delivery date. Would not surprise me one bit to see the cable before the hd800.

This would start the cable (stock, reterminated vs aftermarket) for sure. Hopefully HR will have options by then as well.

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #367 of 554
I am assuming that Senn fully comprehends the importance of having at least one, if not several, HD800s on hand at CanJam. However, I hope that Senn also understands (and I echo the sentiments above) that many Head-Fiers will choose to use the HD800 with the best headphone amplifiers available, and in many instances those amplifiers are balanced. So Senn, if you're watching (and I know you are, you cuties), please make sure you send Tyll a balanced HD800 for CanJam to show the full capability of this statement headphone.

May 1, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #369 of 554
Just ordered a pair of these. I hope they don't stop producing them before I get these as I know that they are limited. Anyone know how hard it is going to be to drive these things?

May 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #370 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a pair of these. I hope they don't stop producing them before I get these as I know that they are limited. Anyone know how hard it is going to be to drive these things?

incorrect, they are not limited.

May 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #371 of 554
It looks like I took "Initial quantities are likely to be EXTREMELY limited." as it was going to be produced for a limited time. I hope these aren't as hard to drive as the 650s.

May 1, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #372 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like I took "Initial quantities are likely to be EXTREMELY limited." as it was going to be produced for a limited time. I hope these aren't as hard to drive as the 650s.

they are 300Ω like the 650, so yep, pretty demanding to drive on paper, without trying them yet myself obviously.

May 2, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #373 of 554
And early reports (especially Pico comments) seem to indicate they'll be harder to drive.

May 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #375 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I recall at the time they were both slated to be shipping in March.

My disappointment comes from ordering in Jan (#7 on the list) with an expected ship date late Feb/Early march, then it slipped to March/April, then it became late April, and now it is sometime in May.

I hate to say this but at this point I am "almost" hoping it is in June after CanJam so I can cancel my order if I don't like what I hear there vs Stax O2 (which I already have and love). The other part of me wants the HD800 here tomorrow, hence I remain #7 on the list for now.

I'm #8. I'm hoping they'll come before Canjam so I can take them with me if I go. Either way, I'll be deciding between them and Stax. Knowing how things go, I'll probably end up keeping both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back