Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jan 10, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #5,311 of 8,777
@TYATYA

What is that on the ring you use? Puddy? Or ?

Link?

@shoaibexpert
Your HD800 is loose. You need to rescrew it from the inside cups. That gap is not suppose to be like that. it needs to be tightly flush. Nothing will technically happen to your headphones but that gap section inside it is where the solder wires are.
Thanks. Maybe you're right. Can you let me know or share the pic of the exact screw I need to tighten? I don't want to touch anything I don't have to as I am not an expert at this... thanks

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #5,312 of 8,777
Thanks. Maybe you're right. Can you let me know or share the pic of the exact screw I need to tighten? I don't want to touch anything I don't have to as I am not an expert at this... thanks
Idk too.
But you should confirm if they are loosen:

Screenshot_20200110-214641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #5,316 of 8,777
Not the best but good enough for most folks.

As you try to get better Dac, the steeper the price.
I was thinking of getting the Chord Qutest but A, its not balanced and B its freakin expensive. I know the Qutest would sound like a Major upgrade to my M500 but from what I read, anything in between is not gonna sound that much of an upgrade. Is it true or is there something in the middle that Im missing in terms of DAC that could potentially upgrade the SQ without breaking the bank.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #5,317 of 8,777
Just got the the jot today (standard dac).. I’ll get to see if balanced makes a difference..

Of course it won't, the headphones only play the signal that they receive.

I don't understand why people believe that the headphones will be affected by balanced operatation, it's the amplifier that's affected. Some amplifiers has better balanced output than single ended, some sound the same and some only have balanced output, it's all about the implementation. If you want to see if balanced makes a difference it has to be with the same source that has both balanced and single ended outputs.

Jan 12, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #5,318 of 8,777
Lol...anyways the condition is as follows...I'll see if I can post a picture

Those pads look pretty good to me. Just subjected to usage and dust. It's hard to tell from the photos but I don't think you need to replace those pads. Just use some luke warm water with mild dish washing detergent (not too much) and let them dry.

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #5,320 of 8,777
Need help with my newly purchased HD800S. The clamp force is so loose on my head that every head movement moves the headphones all around and I’m constantly adjusting them. They also don’t seem to fit well with my thicker glasses. Can anyone recommend either a pad swap or something I can do to increase the clamp force? Any support for helping with the headphones not move all around my head?

Side note, pads seem a bit itchy on my beard, anyone else?

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #5,321 of 8,777
Glasses never work with HP. and do you have a really small head?

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #5,322 of 8,777
Glasses never work with HP. and do you have a really small head?

I have zero other issues with any other headphone I’ve had with them moving around so much. I have lost 165lbs since I owned the original HD800 and done remember them moving as much as the S. Also I’d still say my head is bigger then average. Might be the shape of it lol. Either way, any recommendations for increasing clamp force?

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #5,323 of 8,777
Need help with my newly purchased HD800S. The clamp force is so loose on my head that every head movement moves the headphones all around and I’m constantly adjusting them. They also don’t seem to fit well with my thicker glasses. Can anyone recommend either a pad swap or something I can do to increase the clamp force? Any support for helping with the headphones not move all around my head?

Side note, pads seem a bit itchy on my beard, anyone else?
Adjust headband so it should sit higher. Less pressure to jaw and more scure fit.

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #5,325 of 8,777
Does anyone have any experience with the HD 800 S and the Topping DX7 Pro dac/amp or smsl su-8 v2 dac and smsl thx sp200 amp? I am looking to pair my headphones with either one of these combos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back