Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jan 1, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #8,176 of 8,828
when the hd800s will be fully burn-in, will there be more and body substantial sub bass? who experienced what?
you want burn in, buy a high end music server, let it get 200 hours in, just listen to it getting better and better. amps sure there's burn in as with dacs, i leave mine on 24/7. concerning hd800s full potential is reached pretty well immediately. unless said aforementioned gear is still warming up.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #8,177 of 8,828
you want burn in, buy a high end music server, let it get 200 hours in, just listen to it getting better and better. amps sure there's burn in as with dacs, i leave mine on 24/7. concerning hd800s full potential is reached pretty well immediately. unless said aforementioned gear is still warming up.
you didn't answer my question :)

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #8,178 of 8,828
Jan 1, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #8,179 of 8,828
when the hd800s will be fully burn-in, will there be more and body substantial sub bass? who experienced what?
Your cans lack a full bodied sound and have no sub bass? Change your dac and amp.

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #8,180 of 8,828
Your cans lack a full bodied sound and have no sub bass? Change your dac and amp.
you don't even know how I use it :) it is folded out several times because there is 12,000 euros of electronics in front of it. anyway, this thread is pretty dead, even though many people posted here once, and so far I've never received a meaningful answer.

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #8,181 of 8,828
you don't even know how I use it :) it is folded out several times because there is 12,000 euros of electronics in front of it. anyway, this thread is pretty dead, even though many people posted here once, and so far I've never received a meaningful answer.
What’s your electronics chain?

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #8,183 of 8,828
it does not matter. answer what I'm asking, there's no point in doing anything else, share your thoughts.
you have Musician Aquarius and a lake people amp. You need an amp with more synergy with 800S. Your Terminator clone is probably not ideal either but I would start with the amp first. You can start with Mjolnir 3 so you can hear 800s potential

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #8,185 of 8,828
don't share it on the Estonian forum, you're talking nonsense.
lol. You are mad because 800S doesn’t sound good on your system. Don’t blame the cans - they are capable of full bodied sound with good bass slam and sub bass performance. If you want to live with 800S get a different system. Did you even audition your gear before you bought them?

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #8,186 of 8,828
lol. You are mad because 800S doesn’t sound good on your system. Don’t blame the cans - they are capable of full bodied sound with good bass slam and sub bass performance. If you want to live with 800S get a different system. Did you even audition your gear before you bought them?
who said it doesn't sound good on my system????????? learn to read...... I was just asking if the sub bass improves if a new hd800s driver is completely burn-in...

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #8,187 of 8,828
who said it doesn't sound good on my system????????? learn to read...... I was just asking if the sub bass improves if a new hd800s driver is completely broken... you started thinking about it...
Your implied that you are not getting full bodied sound, bass and sub bass. You have already been told there is minimal burn in required with 800S.

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #8,188 of 8,828
My HD800s is relatively new and should now be burned in with about 150 hours. If there has been a change over time, I couldn't name it, partly because I experimented a lot with tubes. The bottom line is that the Sennheiser sounds lean, with sufficient bass, but little sub-bass. For me, the HD800s is only suitable for long-term music enjoyment with a warm amplifier, ideally with a tube. Otherwise, the HD800s is unreservedly generous in its spatial representation and perfect for finding faults in the chain.

Jan 1, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #8,189 of 8,828
who said it doesn't sound good on my system????????? learn to read...... I was just asking if the sub bass improves if a new hd800s driver is completely burn-in...
There is no need to be rude to someone who is making an honest effort to help you. Someone with much more experience with this product and with synergistic amps. You will win no friends nor get the answers you seek. I know that I wouldn't offer to help you.

Jan 1, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #8,190 of 8,828
I took the question as is, not that this user had any issues with hd800S , ymmv but my answer to burn in is no. Every component benefits from burn in and staying warm, except hd800S. If things are ready, your hd800S is as good as it gets. , or it’s good off the shelf. There is no hidden sub bass waiting to be unleashed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back