Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Dec 23, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #8,146 of 8,792
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #8,149 of 8,792
Dec 27, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #8,151 of 8,792
OK Gents, after much reading and trying to decide between the HD800S and the HD8xx, I've purchased the former and they arrived yesterday. A bit bummed with holiday shipping delays, but what can you do.

I used to own the OG HD800 about 5-6 years ago, but sold them (I kind of regret doing so) because I didn't think my set up was worthy and felt the HD800 was too lean in the low and low-midrange. Now that I have a couple of proper tube amps and a great solid state DAC/Amp, I have sufficient mW power to drive 300 Ohm cans (all my cans are in fact 300 Ohms, in my modesty small collection).

Listening to both vinyl and lossless digital has been amazingly enjoyable in the past 24 hours. The openness, really wide soundstage, and profound detail and crispness in the high end really grabs my attention. I will likely try the Oratory1990 EQ settings to give that a go, as well.

ucePJxq.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #8,153 of 8,792
I just bought a new hd800s headphones. Is there a link where I can check its authenticity?

Does the hd800s have a burn-in time in hours before it reaches its final sound?
On the box has a scratch to check code (Bar/QR) the authentical

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #8,154 of 8,792
I just bought a new hd800s headphones. Is there a link where I can check its authenticity?

Does the hd800s have a burn-in time in hours before it reaches its final sound?
Plug n play, your brain may take longer )

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #8,156 of 8,792
Is it true that the factory cables of the HD800S have very bad sound or are they just spreading nonsense? To the eye, it has a pretty serious build and has a decent OFC silver plated . In fact, the manufacturer mentions that the cable has special tuning and impedance matching, with low resistance. So there is no reason for these to be bad cables, and not to get the most out of headphones.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #8,157 of 8,792
Is it true that the factory cables of the HD800S have very bad sound or are they just spreading nonsense? To the eye, it has a pretty serious build and has a decent OFC silver plated . In fact, the manufacturer mentions that the cable has special tuning and impedance matching, with low resistance. So there is no reason for these to be bad cables, and not to get the most out of headphones.
I got aftermarket cable Tripowin as stock one was long. But after a while realised stock is superior and using stock no looking back. Sound is better IMHO, punchier and more airy. That's what my ears tell me.

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #8,158 of 8,792

I don't think it is bad sounding cable at all. It is just really stiff imho.

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #8,159 of 8,792
I think the stock cable is great. No complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back