Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Sep 27, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #7,862 of 9,628
I need to remove thel in order to use a smaller cable.

They get loose a bit after some use but be careful when pulling it out as I damaged the balanced cable just 2 days after I got the HD660s. I had to sent it back to Amazon and the replacement is working fine. Also got today some cables from Hart Audio to replace the stock cable as the stock cable is ridiculous long.

Sep 27, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #7,863 of 9,628
I need to remove thel in order to use a smaller cable.
Gotcha. Yeah when I purchased mine, I bought a genuine 1.5m replacement cable off Amazon as the default cable is way too long.

Just have to yank on them a bit. As long as you pull straight there should be no issues.

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #7,864 of 9,628
I received my HD660s at the end of August ordered them from audio 46 a week before they went on sale $100 discount, which makes me mad because there still that way now, but other than that, they are fantastic sounding to me. Also, I ordered a cable from Hart audio and received it last week, and it sounds even better with that cable, believe it or not. I love the fact that Hart audio uses Mogami cable for their source cables. I play guitar and switched over to Mogami about five years ago, myself the best instrument cable on the market for the money.
Got yesterday my Hart Audio cables. What a GREAT cables for such a cheap price. Super flexible and soft, right length and the connection system is just so smart. I have a pair of DCA AEON 2 Noire on the way and already ordered the Hart Cable for the Noire :) For any person owning more than one pair of cans and multiple headphone amps, these are a must have. Thanks again for the tip :wink:

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #7,865 of 9,628
The 560s do have a fairly similar sound, as Sennheiser sort of marketed them as a more affordable, lower performance brother to the 660s. Also yeah the angled driver and wide soundstage are really great for gaming. I enjoy gaming in both, depends on the game.
Agree on that both are great , I like the space between the ears on HD 5 line ... but i prefer the build on HD 6 line overall the pads also feel smoother after time .

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #7,866 of 9,628
Hi. Happy new owner of the 660s. However the cable came already plugged in to the headphone and absolutely impossibke to remove. It seems like their are glued to it...any idea what to do?
Oh my and i thought i was the only one :) Lol i had the shame problem and i thought it was something wrong but Nope ... True all sennheiser HD 6 line that i got have the cable plugged and also there is no nylon package ....
About taking of the cable what i did is put my 2 fingers on 2 pins cable the L + R mark and push against the plastic frame slowly and they get out ... After 5-6 times they get easier to put in and out ...

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #7,867 of 9,628
Gotcha. Yeah when I purchased mine, I bought a genuine 1.5m replacement cable off Amazon as the default cable is way too long.

Just have to yank on them a bit. As long as you pull straight there should be no issues.
This is something Sennheiser must Listen all people and do it ... they have to make the cable 1.5-2.00 max ... the default cable is way to long , And people that want to use something longer they can just buy an extended cable thats it .

By the way there is a genuine 1.5m Sennehiser cable ??? I never saw anything like that ... do u mean the Drop cable ? Because the Drop HD6xx 58XX cable that i have its for sure not the shame like the original Cable on HD 650- 660 ( hd600 is different also i dont know if the new ones have the shame like 650 660)

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #7,868 of 9,628
Got yesterday my Hart Audio cables. What a GREAT cables for such a cheap price. Super flexible and soft, right length and the connection system is just so smart. I have a pair of DCA AEON 2 Noire on the way and already ordered the Hart Cable for the Noire :) For any person owning more than one pair of cans and multiple headphone amps, these are a must have. Thanks again for the tip :wink:
Can u please show me some photos of the pins and the jack ? Because i saw the site and i am interest for my Sennheiser 2pin and Sundara 2 x 3.5 trs

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #7,869 of 9,628
This is something Sennheiser must Listen all people and do it ... they have to make the cable 1.5-2.00 max ... the default cable is way to long , And people that want to use something longer they can just buy an extended cable thats it .

By the way there is a genuine 1.5m Sennehiser cable ??? I never saw anything like that ... do u mean the Drop cable ? Because the Drop HD6xx 58XX cable that i have its for sure not the shame like the original Cable on HD 650- 660 ( hd600 is different also i dont know if the new ones have the shame like 650 660)
This is what I purchased. Its advertised as a "genuine" Sennheiser cable. Its slightly shorter than the 6xx/58x cable but seems to be identical in build. It arrived in Sennheiser packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2F51LD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that you mention it, I can't seem to find this cable for sale on the Sennheiser website.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #7,870 of 9,628
Can u please show me some photos of the pins and the jack ? Because i saw the site and i am interest for my Sennheiser 2pin and Sundara 2 x 3.5 trs

Sure!! Here you go!!

Sennheisers:

IMG_8348.jpeg

IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8354.jpeg

Sundaras:
IMG_8353.jpeg

IMG_8352.jpeg

IMG_8351.jpeg

Connectors:
IMG_8356.jpeg

All my connectors are 1 foot long so the total length of the cable is 5.5'. As you can see Hart Audio cables end in a 4 pin female mini XLR connector and all the connectors at one end are a 4 pin male mini XLR connector and in the other end the connector of your choice (Balanced or SE)

IMG_8361.jpeg

IMG_8362.jpeg

They are super soft and not bulky:
IMG_8360.jpeg

I also ordered 1 x 2.5mm balanced and 1 x 3.5mm SE connectors for OTG that are coming with the DCA AEON 2 Noire cable.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #7,871 of 9,628
Sure!! Here you go!!

Sennheisers:

IMG_8348.jpeg
IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8354.jpeg

Sundaras:
IMG_8353.jpeg

IMG_8352.jpeg

IMG_8351.jpeg

Connectors:
IMG_8356.jpeg

All my connectors are 1 foot long so the total length of the cable is 5.5'. As you can see Hart Audio cables end in a 4 pin female mini XLR connector and all the connectors at one end are a 4 pin male mini XLR connector and in the other end the connector of your choice (Balanced or SE)

IMG_8361.jpeg

IMG_8362.jpeg

IMG_8360.jpeg

I also ordered 1 x 2.5mm balanced and 1 x 3.5mm SE connectors for OTG that are coming with the DCA AEON 2 Noire cable.
Man those cables look phenomenal. I'm looking at them now, and it appears you can get a normal 3.5mm termination. This termination would work with their other connector cables too right?

I've been considering buying an HD800s or HD8xx, but that horrendous stock cable really turns me off. Looks like I could get a Hart cable for them, and also use the 3.5mm connector on a cable for my 660s too.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #7,872 of 9,628
Man those cables look phenomenal. I'm looking at them now, and it appears you can get a normal 3.5mm termination. This termination would work with their other connector cables too right?

I've been considering buying an HD800s or HD8xx, but that horrendous stock cable really turns me off. Looks like I could get a Hart cable for them, and also use the 3.5mm connector on a cable for my 660s too.

All the cables and connectors I'm showing above, I paid $209 with shipping included. 5 x connectors and 2 x headphone cables. Believe me when I say that you would never get any other headphone cables ever. The DCA DUMMER Cable is $100. I paid $52 for the one from Hart Audio for my AEON 2 Noire.

BTW, these cables are hand made by James in Tyler, Texas. As a Texan, I feel proud that another Texan is making these affordable headphone cables.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #7,873 of 9,628
All the cables and connectors I'm showing above, I paid $209 with shipping included. 5 x connectors and 2 x headphone cables. Believe me when I say that you would never get any other headphone cables ever. The DCA DUMMER Cable is $100. I paid $52 for the one from Hart Audio for my AEON 2 Noire.

BTW, these cables are hand made by James in Tyler, Texas. As a Texan, I feel proud that another Texan is making these affordable headphone cables.
I would never have considered a bright red cable for my 660s, but looking at your picture it actually looks really cool haha.

Such a great idea for swappable cable parts. For hand made they are extremely affordable as well.

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #7,874 of 9,628

This is what I purchased. Its advertised as a "genuine" Sennheiser cable. Its slightly shorter than the 6xx/58x cable but seems to be identical in build. It arrived in Sennheiser packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2F51LD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that you mention it, I can't seem to find this cable for sale on the Sennheiser website.
It does look like the original... But strangely there is no info from Sennheiser for this.

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #7,875 of 9,628
Sure!! Here you go!!

Sennheisers:

IMG_8348.jpeg
IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8354.jpeg

Sundaras:
IMG_8353.jpeg

IMG_8352.jpeg

IMG_8351.jpeg

Connectors:
IMG_8356.jpeg

IMG_8361.jpeg

IMG_8362.jpeg

IMG_8360.jpeg

Thanks for sharing... Ok yeah these do look very good and cheap ,the black one on sundara omg so amazing . So do they make to 3.5 without any connectors ?
And do they send in Europe Greece for example ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back