Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #6,511 of 9,628
I use Nano for a long time and its just Amazing i always go back to this dac/amp its also portable .... But i have 2 questions i dont know if i have to use 5.3c or 5.2 firmware when i listen music via USB on Windows ...

The best way to know which FW you have installed would be to go here:

https://ifi-audio.com/firmware/unified-firmware-for-various-products/

... and check the large orange button with "Installation Instructions" on it. Essentially our own update app will tell you what FW you have.

And the other is that i am ready to buy a desktop amp/dac and i confused between the Zen or the Massdrop offering.

Devices we developed for Drop are upgraded ZEN series products, so they're better. If you can get one on Drop, please do, but at the moment you would need to wait to another sales window.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 30, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #6,514 of 9,628
Sure, anytime!

Why would you make your "better" products available through Drop only? Is that a big middle finger to your non-U.S. customers considering the shipping and customs fees we, non-Americanos, would have to pay when ordering from that U.S. site? You are a "British" company, are you proud of yourselves on this?

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #6,515 of 9,628
Why would you make your "better" products available through Drop only? Is that a big middle finger to your non-U.S. customers considering the shipping and customs fees we, non-Americanos, would have to pay when ordering from that U.S. site? You are a "British" company, are you proud of yourselves on this?

Its not iFi thing... Every Manufacturer do that... Sennheiser are German , Focal are france , Meze are Romanian etch etch all of them Do the best products and better prices for the King Drop and US . HD 650 200 on Drop 300 at Europe , Focal also more expensive , Meze Classics cost 200 and with more pads inside and in Europe they have 300 with no extra pads.

Even Reviewers dont care about European customer's just watch youtube review's its all about Drop products.

And i can understand that Drop can do anything they want... I have seen that many times they have better deals better prices for the same headphone because they are getting a lot of items.
In the end Drop will be the One and every company will follow them ... One nice day Drop will say to manufacturer's , i will buy your product's but at my price... maybe that will change thing's.
Until then its not a good time buy same products from Europe.

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #6,517 of 9,628
"The HD660s don't scale well...."
IMG_20200731_230911.jpg

Are you sure?

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #6,520 of 9,628
I never said it's going to be a Drop only thing forever :sunglasses:

I see, so we can expect the exact same product in Europe a year or two later and 25% more expensive. Logical, this coming from an European company.

I know what you're thinking. "Why is this guy being so confrontational? We do whatever we want and whatever makes business sense."

It's because you were positively gloating about making your "better in every way" product available essentially just to the U.S. market. Sick and overly tired of it. It's like Qobuz, a French company, charging me EUR 19.99 for their CD-quality plan and at the same time offering "Studio" quality for USD 14.99 in the U.S. and making a big deal about it in advertisements. What the litteral f---, are we idiots, are we invisible? Unsubscribed from Qobuz and never buying Ifi as a matter of principle.

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #6,521 of 9,628
Hi everyone. Just got my 660S and I'm in love with it. I only have a small CA DacMagic XS to run it. Would I bennefit from a Fiio Q1 mk2 instead of the dacmagic?
Disclaimer: it's not simple (or cheap) to get decent gear in Brazil right now, FX rates are killing us - this Fiio is used and available...
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #6,523 of 9,628
Hi everyone. Just got my 660S and I'm in love with it. I only have a small CA DacMagic XS to run it. Would I bennefit from a Fiio Q1 mk2 instead of the dacmagic?
Disclaimer: it's not simple (or cheap) to get decent gear in Brazil right now, FX rates are killing us - this Fiio is used and available...
Thanks a lot!
From my XP iFi and Fiio are great value for money. But i dont know about the Dacmagic never heard of it .

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #6,525 of 9,628
...Devices we developed for Drop are upgraded ZEN series products, so they're better. If you can get one on Drop, please do, but at the moment you would need to wait to another sales window.
I see, so we can expect the exact same product in Europe a year or two later and 25% more expensive. Logical, this coming from an European company.

I know what you're thinking. "Why is this guy being so confrontational? We do whatever we want and whatever makes business sense."

It's because you were positively gloating about making your "better in every way" product available essentially just to the U.S. market. Sick and overly tired of it.

Not seeing any gloating here from iFi Audio...simply a vendor advising a potential customer on how to get the best deal for themselves. TBH, the recommendation is potentially delaying sales revenue to iFi which is not necessarily in their best interest.

It's like Qobuz, a French company, charging me EUR 19.99 for their CD-quality plan and at the same time offering "Studio" quality for USD 14.99 in the U.S. and making a big deal about it in advertisements. What the litteral f---, are we idiots, are we invisible? Unsubscribed from Qobuz and never buying Ifi as a matter of principle.

So...to my way of thinking, those transactions (Qobuz & iFi) played out the way they should for you as an individual consumer. You voted with your money and the market will sort it out over the long haul.

Another way to look at the iFi scenario is that a more valuable customer (Drop), with greater buying volume, negotiated a better price and features/performance/exclusivity?/etc...that's the way the free market works.

I routinely buy gear (Denon, Sony, etc.) from Europe when the overall deal (pricing, delivery time, warranty) merits it. I also buy products (HD6XX, 58X, TH-X00, etc.) from Drop and other US based retailers (HD660S, Clears, LCD-XCs, etc.) -- when the deals make sense for me.

In either case, I vote with my money as well and trust that the businesses will track the market trends and adjust their marketing strategies accordingly. And...if I don't like the deals they offer me, I don't give them my money -- no harm, no foul!

BTW...as a side note, I have had nothing but good experiences with iFi products over the years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back