Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #10,742 of 46,554
Quote:
Meh, you must be new around here.

biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #10,745 of 46,554
I know these are pretty much stay at home headphones, but does anyone happen to have the portable m-100s?  How do they compare to these?  Are they in a different league?  It is hard to get an honest opinion on that thread; it seems way to biased towards it.  

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #10,746 of 46,554
Quote:
I know these are pretty much stay at home headphones, but does anyone happen to have the portable m-100s?  How do they compare to these?  Are they in a different league?  It is hard to get an honest opinion on that thread; it seems way to biased towards it.  

I ordered a pair of m100 to pit against my momentums to see which portable pair I would keep. I have only had the m100 for about a week, but I am leaning towards the momentums as my favorite. I really really like the m100 and maybe I'll end up keeping both, but I just feel that comfort and sound quality wise the momentums win. The m100 have a more emphasized bass, but with the momentums I feel I can hear more details, bass quality is better, and soundstage/instrument seperation is better. I would say (and I'm a complete noob btw) that the momentums are like the HD650 (which i own) little brother, with just a smaller soundstage. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #10,747 of 46,554
I found the Momentum to have more tonal similarity to the HD700 than the 650 plus along with better transient response i.e. speed. I'm guessing this may be the case with all recent premium Sennheiser releases. Yet the 650 had a unique natural sound signature which brought you closer to the music. I bought the 650

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #10,748 of 46,554
Sennheiser Experience:

First I started with the 598 they were great but I wanted more.

I later would get the momentum but they had diode issues and I have no idea how to remove them from that headphone.  Regardless, they sounded great and were so comfortable.  I will miss them since I had to return them.  I tried an earlier model of the headphone when I was 18 and they had the same issue.  I am pretty sure they were the same.  I originally listened to them years earlier at my uncles house.  I am not sure about the uncle but I remember those headphones.  Still they had to be returned.  

Next was sennheiser 650 which so far is this warm powerful experience.  These headphones feel like they are missing nothing.  I am still waiting for my amp.  Schiit already shipped it out and I can't wait for that increase.  At first I was not blown away because I was used to the momentum but just like those they truly are an experience.  It is kind of a growing experience with each headphone.  It just keeps getting better the longer I listen to them.    

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #10,749 of 46,554
Quote:
Sennheiser Experience:

First I started with the 598 they were great but I wanted more.

I later would get the momentum but they had diode issues and I have no idea how to remove them from that headphone.  Regardless, they sounded great and were so comfortable.  I will miss them since I had to return them.  I tried an earlier model of the headphone when I was 18 and they had the same issue.  I am pretty sure they were the same.  I originally listened to them years earlier at my uncles house.  I am not sure about the uncle but I remember those headphones.  Still they had to be returned. 

You're mistaken about the Momentum. It just recently came out and there was no previous version of that headphone.

What do you mean by diode issues?

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #10,752 of 46,554
I could be wrong.  I am not extremely knowledgeable about the making of headphones.  The momentum would randomly cut out and come back.  The ones I am referring to whether a reincarnation or not were explained to me as having a diode issue and that it was causing the issue.  I am 26 and sadly I got those headphones back when I was 18.  My memory might already be failing me.  

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #10,753 of 46,554
Quote:
I could be wrong.  I am not extremely knowledgeable about the making of headphones.  The momentum would randomly cut out and come back.  The ones I am referring to whether a reincarnation or not were explained to me as having a diode issue and that it was causing the issue.  I am 26 and sadly I got those headphones back when I was 18.  My memory might already be failing me.  

The Momentum is a brand new product.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #10,755 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:

The Momentum is a brand new product.

They're also quite unlike any other headphone Sennheiser has ever produced (in appearance) to my knowledge so I'm not sure what headphone you're thinking of from 8 years ago. Maybe something from a different manufacturer?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back