Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #9,976 of 46,513
Quote:
Yussir... thread derailed indeed.
In any case...... Any LYR owners on here get the Magni yet? Been waiting for a decent report on magni+HD650 since it came out. Picked up a modi and prolly gunna grab a magni as well.

You are a good sport Doc!

Anyways, please post your impressions using your 650 with the modi/magni combo.  My daughter (pic below) got the bug ever since I let her try the 650.  Big mistake on my part, I guess the SkullCandy I bought for her does not suit her anymore.  I even brought her to local stores carrying the "Beat" to no avail.  She is 9, and constantly firing up my Schiit Lyr/Bifrost listening to music on YouTube.  Now, she wants her own.  She got excellent grades in school though, so I figure, why not.  But her mom says, no tubes haha!

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #9,977 of 46,513

Anyways, please post your impressions using your 650 with the modi/magni combo.  My daughter (pic below) got the bug ever since I let her try the 650.  Big mistake on my part, I guess the SkullCandy I bought for her does not suit her anymore.  I even brought her to local stores carrying the "Beat" to no avail.  She is 9, and constantly firing up my Schiit Lyr/Bifrost listening to music on YouTube.  Now, she wants her own.  She got excellent grades in school though, so I figure, why not.  But her mom says, no tubes haha!

Then get her a Mjolnir! :p

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #9,978 of 46,513
Quote:
Then get her a Mjolnir!
tongue.gif

But Mjolnir and Gungnir is for daddy only, no exceptions!  Haha, just kidding.  Cannot afford those yet.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #9,979 of 46,513
Quote:
You also don't disagree with me because you don't get my point. You are still trying to debate there is a "problem" with appreciation threads. You come into a thread and state what the problem with the thread is. Maybe you can start your own "appreciation thread hating thread". It is still a troll comment in a thread of for fans of the HD650.

I perfectly get your point and I think your point is wrong. Did you actually read what I wrote in my post? Isn't it possible to appreciate a pair of headphones but still to be objective about their shortcommings? In what way is that a troll comment?

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #9,980 of 46,513
Quote:

I perfectly get your point and I think your point is wrong. Did you actually read what I wrote in my post? Isn't it possible to appreciate a pair of headphones but still to be objective about their shortcommings? In what way is that a troll comment?

NO! You are wrong. This isn't Sound Science. 

-Semantics.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #9,981 of 46,513
Quote:
Yes, the older tubes will only increase in price as their stock becomes more limited...supply and demand. I have not tested a set of tubes to verify that you can actually get that much usage. I've only had a tube amp for a year and have rolled tubes several times. I'm set with the Amperex Orange Globes. They hit all the check boxes for me. I hope that they last five years!!

+1 on Mercedesman..a great ebayer

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #9,983 of 46,513
Dec 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #9,984 of 46,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[/quoFYI this guy is just trolling.
Wanna take his lunch money, eh boyo? 
redface.gif

Unbelievable.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #9,986 of 46,513
I think in all this arguing, everyone's initial opinion has been lost. Szoze, just restate your full thoughts on the HD650 and leave it at that. If you still think it's trolling after that guys then that's fine. I just think the actual core of this thing has been lost ever since someone attacked his musical preference for whatever reason.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #9,987 of 46,513
Quote:

Also, this may be the cutest thing in all of headfi.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #9,988 of 46,513
I want a daughter like yours !!!
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back