Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #42,139 of 46,565
I’m dying for a either a pair of HD 650s or HD 6XXs. I’m selling some music equipment to get em. Right now I’ve got two options since the drop on the 6XX just ended yesterday - either get the 650s on Amazon for $319 or buy a pair of unopened 6XX’s on eBay for $250. What’s the way to go? Many of the 6XX’s on ebay are from 2018 drops.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #42,140 of 46,565
I’m dying for a either a pair of HD 650s or HD 6XXs. I’m selling some music equipment to get em. Right now I’ve got two options since the drop on the 6XX just ended yesterday - either get the 650s on Amazon for $319 or buy a pair of unopened 6XX’s on eBay for $250. What’s the way to go? Many of the 6XX’s on ebay are from 2018 drops.

If you want a 6xx, just wait a few hours and the drop will go up again. No need to pay $250 on ebay and get ripped off.

edit. drop is already live again if you missed it

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #42,143 of 46,565
Okay guys, I don't wanna dig through 2810 pages so i'll just ask this.

I will most likely be buying a Magni 3 / Modi 3.

Now to fill out the rest of my $400 budget, i'm considering either new 6xx or used 600s

My main uses would be just normal every day desktop stuff. Listening to youtube videos, twitch, occasional podcast/sports game and music. MY music taste is pretty much damn near everything but I listen to more metal than anything else, with the very occasional hip hop or edm track

I'm by no means a basshead at all but the music i mainly listen to does have a lot of double pedaling and the like

Will either of these be okay for me or should I look elsewhere?

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #42,144 of 46,565

Now to fill out the rest of my $400 budget, i'm considering either new 6xx or used 600s

My main uses would be just normal every day desktop stuff. Listening to youtube videos, twitch, occasional podcast/sports game and music. MY music taste is pretty much damn near everything but I listen to more metal than anything else, with the very occasional hip hop or edm track

I'm by no means a basshead at all but the music i mainly listen to does have a lot of double pedaling and the like

The HD600 is brighter, the HD650/6xx is darker and warmer. Choose which you would prefer. I know that for rock music I prefer the HD650, but this is a personal decision.

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #42,145 of 46,565

I don’t own the HD 6XX’s yet but I do own a Magni 3 and a Vali 2 and I can tell you the Magni’s highs are more sharp and brittle sounding than the vali’s. On a more positive note the the bass guitar is well defined with the Magni. This is using my HIFIMAN HE-400i’s. From what I’ve read the 6XX’s and 650s are like putting honey over frequencies so maybe they would even it out.

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #42,147 of 46,565
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #42,149 of 46,565

Im a metal guy and in my opinion your really gonna want the HD660, its faster and tighter than the others in 600 line. I've owned them all and love 660 the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back