Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
May 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #38,986 of 46,554
Just try the HD 650 and see if you have the same issues.

I didn't go for the HD 600 myself as I was having issues with it also in the treble region, which is something I was trying to avoid from the original HD 800.

May 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #38,994 of 46,554
All (John) Grados have that "batman" frequency response curve (as I saw another member call it - I lol'd). Get Sennheiser HD650 or Stax and hear some semblance of the music as it was recorded, while being easy on the ears.

As good as the HD650 is there are some who just don't like it and prefer the HD600 or in my case custom Ypsilon or Nhoord builds, most who have heard them like them over the HD650 and HD600 easily due to being very easy to drive. If you haven't heard the newer "e" series Grado you might not recognize them from previous versions since the sound signature is quite different, I tried a few older original and "i" series Grado and like you didn't like them much but after giving them another try with the SR225e I've come to like them but for some the ear pads are just too uncomfortable so it a moot point about the change in sound signature of the newer "e" series. I've actually traded my SR009 since it was too limiting in the genres that I liked to listen to, it is very very good but only with the highest quality recordings and its a little light on bass for some genres like EDM, R&B and most pop (kpop & jpop included).

May 26, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #38,995 of 46,554
I am planning to try leather/pleather pads on hd6xx. which brainwavz pleather/leather flat/angled are better without changing the stock sound signature in right way?
Do you have the adapter ? If so how did you install it my earpads just fall out and im reluctant to glue them on.

May 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #38,996 of 46,554
All (John) Grados have that "batman" frequency response curve (as I saw another member call it - I lol'd). Get Sennheiser HD650 or Stax and hear some semblance of the music as it was recorded, while being easy on the ears.

With today's loudness wars, Grado's can make your ears bleed. The Sennheiser HD 650 won't make your ears bleed. You might be able to listen to some of that poorly recorded sound with the HD 650. But with well recorded music, the HD 650 shines very nicely.

May 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #38,998 of 46,554
I haven't yet tried it..i read somewhere you could rip off adapter from cheap e arpads. Amazon has for 12$.. and could use a double sided tape to stock the e arpads with adapter..

I am reluctant to use the glue too.
Thanks i was wondering if i received a defective adapter or something because the only thing that are keeping mine in are the earpads weight lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back