Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #22,231 of 46,514
You really like rubbing people up the wrong way mate, eh?

You can say that again, I don't get the hostility this guy has.

There's no hostility at all, sorry if it's coming across that way. o_O

I'm expressing an opinion. It's not like I'm calling you all names and saying you should shut up and stop posting or something. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #22,233 of 46,514
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #22,235 of 46,514
Hey, fair enough. You guys think I'm being hostile, that's not my intention but I'm not out to rub people the wrong way so... guess I'll bow out of the thread.

Still, thanks for the pointers with the HD650s, hopefully I'll get a chance to snag a pair for a decent price soon!

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #22,236 of 46,514
@SomeGuyDude $350 on Amazon right now, HUGE steal for a new pair! Sometimes they go for up to $499. Get it while it's hot!

Quote:
  Hey, fair enough. You guys think I'm being hostile, that's not my intention but I'm not out to rub people the wrong way so... guess I'll bow out of the thread.

Still, thanks for the pointers with the HD650s, hopefully I'll get a chance to snag a pair for a decent price soon!

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #22,237 of 46,514
Bro you own a $1,000 pair of IEMs :-/

Quote:

I cannot imagine the kind of flexible income you'd have to have to be able to swing something like this (or be RIDICULOUSLY fortunate to live near a rental shop). TBH if you can't figure out what you think of headphones within 30 minutes then all that's happening after 2 weeks is you're adjusting to it. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #22,238 of 46,514
$350 on Amazon right now, HUGE steal for a new pair! Sometimes they go for up to $499. Get it while it's hot!

Back up to $399 now. Ever since their sale for $315 on November 30th, they've consistently been floating in the upper $300 range. They've quite frequently dropped to around $365, and apparently even dropped to $349 two days ago.

On a side note, I think you guys are judging SomeGuyDude's comments a little too harshly. I didn't see any hostility in his comments. He just has some different opinions. I thought everything he said was pretty reasonable and courteous. His comment about US geography was perhaps a little snarky, but I saw nothing wrong with his comments about auditioning and returning headphones (which, by the way, I do). Perhaps his opinion was a little too strongly articulated, but meh, 'tis the nature of Internet discussion.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #22,239 of 46,514
Bro you own a $1,000 pair of IEMs :-/

Totally fair point!

(note: responding just because my name got mentioned)

But I still have 'em is the thing. I do a fair amount of gear switching, but it's not like I bought the 846, the IE800, a set of Nobles, Roxannes, the AKG's, and tried them all out until I picked the one I liked. Going for that was a HUGE thing for me. When I snagged my old LCD-2.2's it was on a trade+cash. I didn't get the LCD-2's, HD800s, PM-1, Beyer T1 and others. I was just saying it's crazy (to me) to suggest that one needs to actually buy and have a set of headphones for 2 weeks of dedicated listening before you can form an opinion.

I understand head-fi always making people want to upgrade, but I feel bad for anyone who comes home happy after they had their big day at the headphone store and tried out everything and they come home all happy about their brand new cans that they love, then someone goes "sorry dude there's no way to know those are the best after only a few hours". It's like... it robs that person of being able to just be happy with their stuff. It's putting this big shadow over them that maybe they would have picked something else, they just didn't listen to them enough. Maybe they went home with the wrong headphones. It turns getting headphones into this painful ordeal of buying and listening for a few dozen hours per product, and the paranoia of not knowing if you REALLY got the best thing for you. They'll be sitting there wondering if they'd have liked one of those other things more, they just didn't listen enough. All over a statement that I find wildly untrue. 

I dunno, if I'm being hostile then I'm sorry (honest injun I am), it's more like I think it's putting needless pressure on people. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #22,240 of 46,514

His comment about US geography was perhaps a little snarky

Okay THIS is totally true, and sorry about that Zorro. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it, I just kinda talk like that sometimes. ZERO anger or offense intended! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #22,241 of 46,514
Good to see another Yinzer on here. I'm in the Burgh too, bro. Lol
I live in a fairly large city in the US (Pittsburgh) and there has been no meets since I joined Headfi more than a years ago.  Looking through the archives there haven't been any major meets, only sporadic mini-meets over the past decade with a handful of people attending each one.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #22,242 of 46,514

Back up to $399 now. Ever since their sale for $315 on November 30th, they've consistently been floating in the upper $300 range. They've quite frequently dropped to around $365, and apparently even dropped to $349 two days ago.

On a side note, I think you guys are judging SomeGuyDude's comments a little too harshly. I didn't see any hostility in his comments. He just has some different opinions. I thought everything he said was pretty reasonable and courteous. His comment about US geography was perhaps a little snarky, but I saw nothing wrong with his comments about auditioning and returning headphones (which, by the way, I do). Perhaps his opinion was a little too strongly articulated, but meh, 'tis the nature of Internet discussion.

I think his comments have been judged too harshly as well. I didn't see any hostility either. This is the time to buy the HD 650 new. I got mine for around $380, though if I was more patient and waited a couple more days I could of gotten them for $350. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #22,243 of 46,514
  I think his comments have been judged too harshly as well. I didn't see any hostility either. This is the time to buy the HD 650 new. I got mine for around $380, though if I was more patient and waited a couple more days I could of gotten them for $350. 

Adorama had them for $290 a few days ago. :frowning2:

I literally have had my 600s for about two weeks, and I love them so much I want to give the 650s a serious try and see if they shave the experience better or worse.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #22,244 of 46,514

Adorama had them for $290 a few days ago. :frowning2:

I literally have had my 600s for about two weeks, and I love them so much I want to give the 650s a serious try and see if they shave the experience better or worse.

That really sucks. I got mine on amazon. 

Ah, I've had my HD 600 since around October, it was a gift from a friend. True, I had the never ending nagging to compare the HD 600 and HD 650 since I got my HD 600. I'm loving the HD 650 so much I'm not sure what to do with my HD 600.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #22,245 of 46,514
The reason I say two weeks is that it takes about a week for me to get over the "new toy" effect and be able to judge with less emotional attachment and then another week to make a choice between two top notch phones. I don't know how many times I've bought new gear and thought it was the greatest until a few days later when I can judge more clearly. Also, I fortunately do have a little disposble income available to play with gear so I probably look at it a little differently than someone who has to make a one time choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back