Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #21,391 of 46,499

If you are not replacing your MK III anytime soon it's worth to try the C3g's or 6SN7"s Driver Tubes the sound of these tubes are far  better than any EXPENSIVE plug and play drivers(EF91,EF92 and EF95 ).Since i got the C3g's i stopped buying tubes for the MK III because IMO there's no better than the C3g's that i know of unless someone in the LD thread will come up with one better than C3g's.MK III C3g's > HD 650 is very good sounding to my ears.

where can I buy the tubes and adapter? And how do I install it?

Can you DIY?
Check out this thread "Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide".

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #21,392 of 46,499
These headphones just sound better and better everyday! They've only had a total of 25 hours of burn in but, I don't listen to music, I almost feel it (I'm not sure how to explain it) These are by far the greatest headphone purchase I have ever made, amazing! :)

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #21,393 of 46,499
These headphones just sound better and better everyday! They've only had a total of 25 hours of burn in but, I don't listen to music, I almost feel it (I'm not sure how to explain it) These are by far the greatest headphone purchase I have ever made, amazing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Remember that feeling! That's what this hobby is all about.

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #21,396 of 46,499
^This, but will it be good enough? How much impact does the DAC have on the overall sound? I'm pretty happy with the sound from the e18 connected by usb to my Note 3 playing Flac files.

Honestly DACs don't make the hugest difference. I mean you'll want something better than PC Onboard sound but the E18 is fine for anyone's DAC needs unless they need optical or Coax in.

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #21,397 of 46,499
I really have to say. I just bought the Schiit bifrost DAC, and use it with my sennheiser hd650 headphones, and it widened the soundstage, improved imaging, also separation and also accuracy. You will hear the music the way the artist intended! The bifrost is an excellent DAC. It's not a cheap DAC that's a piece of garbage. I'm using it with sennheiser hd650, little dot mk3, moon-audio blue Dragon v3 cable, and marantz cd5004 as a transport. Pretty awesome sound! Take my word. A high quality DAC makes all the difference! :)

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #21,398 of 46,499
Had my 650's for a week now. Still amazed at the instrument separation. Listening to pearl jams yield album was a whole new experience. Mids are simply incredible.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #21,405 of 46,499

Happy christmas to all of you people with beautiful taste!!!

That is quite the Christmas present. I am still floored by what the 650s can do. A true test for me is how a headphone can render binaural recordings. Naturespace is an incredible app for iOS, I was listening to one priece, Across the Valley, where you are up on the mountain tops just listening to the wind works it's way through the valley.

You can focus your ears, and hear sounds in all directions, stretching out for miles. To this date, this is the only headphone I've owned that can render in such stunning realism. I'm curious if an HD800 would be even better - but that's for another Christmas.

Also listened to this mix.
Electric Deluxe Podcast Boris 130 by boris

http://soundcloud.com/boris/electric-deluxe-podcast-130 (download the podcast from iTunes).

This is an ambient work, but has such incredibly weighty dynamics. I felt like I was listening to pair of high-end B&W 802s.

When I first got the 650, it took me a bit to appreciate it. Enjoying it out of a C5D and Rotel amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back