Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #14,957 of 46,514
@dgriffter You too!

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #14,958 of 46,514
Just got mine about a week ago, and I think I,m in love!! For my first impressions I thought they were alright, Crisp, laid back, but not so great bass depth, and detail, but 100 hours later that has all changed! They've became a bit darker (I like that) Bass has become more punchy, and the mids have became more detailed and forward! So far, these cans are more than i expected and I cant wait to get more burn in time on them!!

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #14,959 of 46,514
I've decided against BHC and going to try to lower the price a little bit.

Could someone please give me a run-down on the differences between Aune, Vali (Or Magni) / Modi and, what I'm currently leaning towards: HiFimeDIY Sabre / O2.

I primarily use my headphones for gaming (MMOs, ARPGs, Skyrim type games, not FPS) and music/TV.

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #14,960 of 46,514
If the BHC is too much, then my experience you just can't touch the Vali for the price. It's certainly performs WAY above it price. Purrin is comparing to amps costing insane amount of money. That may be a slight exaggeration but it's certainly the best that you'll do in it's price range. 

There are some slight issues with microphonics for about 30 seconds when first powered on. Other than that, it gets my A+ recommendation. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #14,961 of 46,514
  If the BHC is too much, then my experience you just can't touch the Vali for the price. It's certainly performs WAY above it price. Purrin is comparing to amps costing insane amount of money. That may be a slight exaggeration but it's certainly the best that you'll do in it's price range. 

There are some slight issues with microphonics for about 30 seconds when first powered on. Other than that, it gets my A+ recommendation. 

Thanks. If I go Vali should I be getting Modi too? Do they ever go on sale?

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #14,962 of 46,514
The general consensus is that while the V&M combo is quite good, the Vali will scale nicely with a better dac. Depends on your budget. If you've got the money I'd get a bifrost. I got a great deal on used on here and added uber on a self install later. 

gL!!

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #14,963 of 46,514
  The general consensus is that while the V&M combo is quite good, the Vali will scale nicely with a better dac. Depends on your budget. If you've got the money I'd get a bifrost. I got a great deal on used on here and added uber on a self install later. 

gL!!

Yeah. That is just way too much... I'm looking to stay around $100-200 =(

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #14,965 of 46,514

Oh, they get along just fine.. haha.

But which one has the cables plugged into it? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #14,967 of 46,514
  Just got mine about a week ago, and I think I,m in love!! For my first impressions I thought they were alright, Crisp, laid back, but not so great bass depth, and detail, but 100 hours later that has all changed! They've became a bit darker (I like that) Bass has become more punchy, and the mids have became more detailed and forward! So far, these cans are more than i expected and I cant wait to get more burn in time on them!!

I have mine also about ten days ago, I´m more than impressed, these cans continue to improve. Now I´m a burn in believer. The sound improves more and more, it is almost like a different can from the start. Can´t wait to get them the BTH Crack and maybe new cables...

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #14,968 of 46,514

I have mine also about ten days ago, I´m more than impressed, these cans continue to improve. Now I´m a burn in believer. The sound improves more and more, it is almost like a different can from the start. Can´t wait to get them the BTH Crack and maybe new cables...

I like burn-in.  Is it psychocandy?  Maybe, but I'll keep doing it.  Well, the HD 650s are my last pair of cans for a while, so this is it.  I've got about 35 hours on them now, and with my newly repaired Lyr, I'm about to go to town 
biggrin.gif

Let the HD 650s vs. HE-500s battle begin.

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #14,969 of 46,514

I like burn-in.  Is it psychocandy?  Maybe, but I'll keep doing it.  Well, the HD 650s are my last pair of cans for a while, so this is it.  I've got about 35 hours on them now, and with my newly repaired Lyr, I'm about to go to town 
biggrin.gif

Let us know how it ends 
cool.gif
 (my money is with the HD650) 

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #14,970 of 46,514

biggrin.gif

Have fun, my money is on the HE-500's as their treble is there and the bass more potent. I'll be curious as to how they hit your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back