Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #13,503 of 46,564
the silver plated copper custom cables would give u what u want...if u are not ready to switch.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #13,509 of 46,564
Just hooked my 650s up to my new Asgard, using the HRT Microstreamer's DAC...the sound is considerably more dynamic than from my uS alone, more punch to the bass and a noticeably wider and deeper soundstage. Separation is also noticeably improved and the overall sound feels more clear. Definitely a good combo.

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #13,511 of 46,564
I just sold my hd650's and now bought another pair... it did not take long for me to realize that I cant match that sound with anything else. Balance and performance aside its something about the presentation. Everything just sounds like its real, like its with you in the room. I know people like to complain about the soundstage but I find in soundstage depth and seperation they are perfect. I can tell exactly where everyone is. Its a very 3d sound and every entity in the space has body... its not just a sound coming from a direction.

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #13,512 of 46,564
Thanks for the replies.

Nice to hear there's more or less phones as I described but they're way beyond what I can afford. The thing is that I got such a noticeable different sounding headphone when I put on JMoney earpads on the Beyers that I am now a ''believer'' in replacing earpads. Something tells me that uniting less mids and more low/high through pads or foam mods will be impossible though. Or is it? By the way, CD-R King Leather Pads as described here, are they still for sale somewhere?

Quote:
the silver plated copper custom cables would give u what u want...if u are not ready to switch.

Interesting. A cable that does all that? Which ones do you mean exactly?

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #13,513 of 46,564
Quote:
just ordered the senn 4 pin XLR  cable for the 650s. ive never heard a headphone balanced and i am a skeptic so im not expecting much...... any thoughts on what i can expect? 

That would depend on whether or not you are running a fully balanced amp & DAC. If so, expect cleaner resolution and better soundstage (YMMV).

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #13,515 of 46,564
Quote:
You just described the HD800s.

+1 
size]

That is one for reason they were born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back