Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #19,441 of 46,514
can anyone help me?
when i listen to certain flac songs like rock music i tend to hear crackling sounds when the vocalist screams or if instruments use high pitch frequency
this when i plugin to my computer directly, and also with amp and dac
could maybe owners of 650 listen to the same audio file as me and tell me if they can hear the crackling issue too?

Not an issue with the 650. Check to see if your flac files are complete and check the settings of your player and/or amp or dac. Otherwise, maybe it is an issue with your 650. But I do not have that issue with mine.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #19,442 of 46,514
ive already ripped from my cds several times using foobar and dbpoweramp still the same thing, its not limited to one cd label. and like i said the crack sounds appears when im using without the amp and dac but can anyone here download my flac sound and if its just me hearing it then i will rma my headphone,. i jsut need to be sure before i do this so appreciate any help

pm me if you wanna download the audio file

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #19,443 of 46,514
Oh my lord...
So, the HD 650s I ordered came in a few minutes ago. They are absolutely PERFECT!!! 
My search for the perfect headphone is done. These are it. I knew I had a good feeling about them. I no longer have to worry about harsh treble, not enough bass or mids, everything is just absolutely perfectly balanced, and it just sounds unbelievably lifelike. The bass in these is only rivaled by my AKG K712s, and even then, they sound extremely similar. I love the intimate yet amazing soundstage, I don't like super wide soundstage, as that takes away from actually hearing the music as it is. 

Man, I am SO glad I bought these, I can't possibly ask for anything better. Looks like the HD 650s have earned another hardcore fan!

Also, forgot to add, that these have amazing detail. I don't understand, what is it with people saying these are "veiled"? No way these are veiled, AT ALL. People must have other headphones with super big treble spikes if they think these are veiled. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #19,444 of 46,514
  ive already ripped from my cds several times using foobar and dbpoweramp still the same thing, its not limited to one cd label. and like i said the crack sounds appears when im using without the amp and dac but can anyone here download my flac sound and if its just me hearing it then i will rma my headphone,. i jsut need to be sure before i do this so appreciate any help

pm me if you wanna download the audio file

This could be anything but it is probably not the HD 650's. It could be the tube amp or the connection to your computer.

Oh my lord...
So, the HD 650s I ordered came in a few minutes ago. They are absolutely PERFECT!!! 
My search for the perfect headphone is done. These are it. I knew I had a good feeling about them. I no longer have to worry about harsh treble, not enough bass or mids, everything is just absolutely perfectly balanced, and it just sounds unbelievably lifelike. The bass in these is only rivaled by my AKG K712s, and even then, they sound extremely similar. I love the intimate yet amazing soundstage, I don't like super wide soundstage, as that takes away from actually hearing the music as it is. 

Man, I am SO glad I bought these, I can't possibly ask for anything better. Looks like the HD 650s have earned another hardcore fan!

Also, forgot to add, that these have amazing detail. I don't understand, what is it with people saying these are "veiled"? No way these are veiled, AT ALL. People must have other headphones with super big treble spikes if they think these are veiled. 

Yup.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #19,445 of 46,514
  Oh my lord...

+1 On everything you've written achelgeson.  BTW welcome to the best HP in the world club
cool.gif
     This
deadhorse.gif
 was created for the "veil" myth about the very detailed HD650.  Those who believe in the veil can't be convinced otherwise so the subject itself is like beating a dead horse.  I've had mine for years now & they're still my favourite pair of HPs & I've owned HPs such as the HD800 (2x), the Audeze LCD2 rev2, the Tesla T1, the Grado RS1i, AKG K702 & have sold them all but I've never sold my HD650s.  They are unique.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #19,446 of 46,514
Recently ordered an LD MK IV SE tube amp and can hardly wait to try with my HD650s. Anyone else using this amp / headphone combination? I too, am searching for the WOW! factor in overall sound. I'm using ZY Hifi cables with my HD650s, and really improves sound stage, clarity, etc.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #19,447 of 46,514
Recently ordered an LD MK IV SE tube amp and can hardly wait to try with my HD650s. Anyone else using this amp / headphone combination? I too, am searching for the WOW! factor in overall sound. I'm using ZY Hifi cables with my HD650s, and really improves sound stage, clarity, etc.

u are gonna have a GREAT TIME...definitely a beefier upgrade from the thinner sounding LDMk3

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #19,448 of 46,514
A touch off topic perhaps... But listening to this album on the HD650... WOW. Seriously well recorded and mastered. Superb artist too... her vocal control is stunning.

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #19,449 of 46,514
So my 12 years old HD6xx love story has come to an end - I'm finally parting ways with my HD650s.... Now on their way to a very nice gentleman from Canada.

It was a great ride. Hope they find a good home up there! 

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #19,450 of 46,514
  So my 12 years old HD6xx love story has come to an end - I'm finally parting ways with my HD650s.... Now on their way to a very nice gentleman from Canada.

It was a great ride. Hope they find a good home up there! 

Are you getting rid of them in favor of the LCD-2's? I think I may be doing that soon.

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #19,451 of 46,514

Are you getting rid of them in favor of the LCD-2's? I think I may be doing that soon.

Yep, they're too similar sounding with LCD-2 being better overall, except comfort, which is not an issue for me. Let someone else enjoy them, rather than just sit in the closet.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #19,453 of 46,514
Strange, I used to own the LCD-2 and I remember the soundstage to be very closed, and find the highs to be less present; do you own the new Fazor ones?

Yes, I have the newest Fazor model. I haven't heard the old one, but one guy at the recent meet had, and he was astonished by how brighter my cans were in comparison. For me they hit just the right spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back