sennheiser hd650 is better than akg k701??
Dec 24, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
LOL, an instant classic! Gotta love head-fi for exchanges like this.
biggrin.gif

But the 701 i clear much more better than 650
k1000smile.gif

This is real...

S.

Dec 24, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #32 of 50
k1000smile.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
Triple LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

I'm waiting for really serious test and comparison and then I need to hear them myself. Do you know if "Saturn" have them already?...

yes, about 399 € - and theye are ther since a month or more... but only in the original carton. i was not able to hear them.

a "serious" test...? the "stereoplay" (a hifi magazine with a lot of voodoo) tested the new sony and akg phones. if you believe them, the akg 601 are even better than the hd 650.

but the hd 650 are better than the 5000 ones from sony.

but i dont like that magazine... it just had some pictures of the frequence diagram, and that in "freifeld"... well, dont know the word in english. there are now comments about "thd" (thats the word for "klirr"??) or stuff like that. its not a very serious magazine. only lots of words an funny pictueres.

Dec 25, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #34 of 50
yeah you are right about stereoplay magazine. they suck and I bless the internet for giving me options to magazines like that. I think thd = total harmonic distorsion = "Klirr".

Dec 25, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
yeah you are right about stereoplay magazine. they suck and I bless the internet for giving me options to magazines like that. I think thd = total harmonic distorsion = "Klirr".

So übersetzt das Internet deine Worte:

"sie lutschen, und ich segne das Internet, um mir Optionen zu geben"...

Stellt sich Frage: "WAS! sie lutschen?..."

Ha...ha...ha!!!

Dec 25, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #36 of 50
Wait, wait guys... has there been a "KSC-75 beats AKG 701!!!!!1" thread lately? If not, it's gotta be coming soon to a Head-Fi forum near you...
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #37 of 50
To answer the OP, no. That's coming from a complete Senn. fanboy.

I rarely get involved in these headphone comparisions because I don't get on too well with people's sense of 'good' and 'bad'. Aparently, there is nothing absolutely true in the world of audio reproduction, and that nothing can possibly be 'better' than anything else, it's just 'different', and if one dares consider it 'better', then it must be better 'for a given purpose'. If someone made a headphone with 0 harmonic distortion, and a flat (headphone flat) freqency response and prefect pistonic transient response making a perfect square wave, people would still protest it wasn't a 'good headphone', simply because it didn't jack up a certain frequency of their recordings that they are rather fond of. People would then argue that everyone's ears are different, therefore it isn't really 'flat' to everyone. True, but since when did we start blaming the science of good audio design for our premature hearing loss or convoluted ear canals?

Anyway, to keep in check with head-fi headphone political correctness, the HD-650 and K701 are on a par with one another sonically, and it is simply a matter of 'musical' preference which one is better.

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

ps: sorry for the irrelevancy of this post.

Dec 25, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANG€L
i heard, you have to pay about 450 $ for the hd 650 in the usa, in norway youre above 600 $... i dont know, if thats right... but here we only have to pay about 210-220 €.

akg... well, i dont know about the prices in other countries. 297 sounds good, but if you wait a few weeks, i suppose it will get more cheap...

other stuff like grado is very expensive here.
confused.gif

I picked my hd650's for $298.95 on sale from an amazon.com suplier about a year ago. They can be found cheaply here if the person has a little patiance and dedication. Now if only the Zu cable where cheep!

Dec 25, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #39 of 50
I don't want to create a new thread for this.

But does the K701 come in a fancy case?

And in terms of confort, how do they compare to the Senns (and Beyer while we are at it).

About the poll, well, it doesn't surprise me that the HD650 is doing better than the K701. In fact, I think it should. Not because I think one sound better than the other (I've not heard either), but because the HD650 has been around for much longer, and more folks have listenned to it. That mean:
- The HD650 has a larger fanbase in the first place.
- Those fanbase are probably primarily composed of people who have it for quite some time (so they are past the hypes - they just like them).
- People who've not listenned to the K701 probably won't vote for it. Or at least, I don't think they should vote for something they haven't heard.

Sure there are methodology issue with this poll, but it is not exactly meant to be scientific.

Dec 25, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
I don't want to create a new thread for this.

But does the K701 come in a fancy case?

And in terms of confort, how do they compare to the Senns (and Beyer while we are at it).

The K-701 does not come in a fancy case. However, a nice little stand is included.

The K-701 is one of the most comfortable headphones I've used.

I own the K-701 and HD-650, and would not touch the "which is better" question with a ten-foot poll...err...pole...whatever.
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #41 of 50
That is interesting. You are actually in a better position than most to offer your opinions. *Looks are your profile* - Oh yea. Very good position.

Forget "better" then, but if you had to live with the HF-1 and one of the other two, which one would you go for?

Dec 25, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9kRPM
I'm going crazy trying to decide between these 2 headphones.... what to do, what to do.
blink.gif

I don't find it very hard to decide between the HD650, or K701. They are both excellent sets of cans, for different types of music. The bigger problem, is deciding between the HD600, and the K701. The 600's more forward nature, is more on par with the K701, then the HD650!
icon10.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
I own the K-701 and HD-650, and would not touch the "which is better" question with a ten-foot poll...err...pole...whatever.
tongue.gif

Without saying which is better, could you describe the sonic characteristics of each phone? This will help many of us. Thanks.

Dec 25, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
The bigger problem, is deciding between the HD600, and the K701. The 600's more forward nature, is more on par with the K701, then the HD650!
icon10.gif

I hope the 701's don't sound like the 600's, because to me, they are far from neutral in the highs, and don't have the control in the bass I am looking for. I was hoping the 701's sound midway between the 880's and 600's. While the 650's are far from neutral also, I would rather the 701's have the dynamics and control of the 650 without the added bass heaviness.

I'm expecting the 701's to replace my 600's when I finally get them from Headroom. I prefer the 880's to the 600's even though sometimes they are too bright (better overly bright than too soft), but if the 701's are a good compromise between the two, I may even sell both my 880's AND 600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back