sennheiser hd650 is better than akg k701??
Dec 23, 2005 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Gradino

100+ Head-Fier
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153357

etysmile.gif
biggrin.gif

The exit pol is not correct for me. There are many problem of method...

How many people listened to 701? how many people have the right combinations? How many people are in good faith? How many people actually exist?
confused.gif
k1000smile.gif

S.

Dec 23, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 50
We'll probably see this type of question a million times during the next 6 months or so, but I suspect that when enough people have had a substantial amount of listening time with each of these headphones, it will be a true toss up. IMO, neither is clearly superior to the other; both are excellent, and it's simply a matter of taste.

Of course the poll you've cited (or any poll for that matter) will be biased towards the phones that more people have heard and love, so there is no need to worry about that.

Dec 23, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
We'll probably see this type of question a million times during the next 6 months or so, but I suspect that when enough people have had a substantial amount of listening time with each of these headphones, it will be a true toss up. IMO, neither is clearly superior to the other; both are excellent, and it's simply a matter of taste.

Of course the poll you've cited (or any poll for that matter) will be biased towards the phones that more people have heard and love, so there is no need to worry about that.

I agree with you, however Imo 701 is clearly superior to the 650...

Ciao

S.

Dec 23, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

I agree with you emphaticly!

Every time a new piece of gear comes out you see people going ape over it for a while, then the smoke clears and really it becomes a matter of taste. A recent example is when the hornet was released and a bunch of people sold of thier sr-71's to finance buying a new hornet. I picked up a sr-71 for $200 at this time because the market was so saturated with these guys 2 months ago and about now might be a good time to pick up a used pair of hd600/650 for cheap!!!

Dec 23, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradino
I agree with you, however Imo 701 is clearly superior to the 650...Ciao

S.

Hmmm, then you don't agree with me.

Maybe you agree about the other part that it's a matter of taste and opinions will differ. Others may well think that the HD650's are clearly superior. But after enough people who have heard both cans for substantial periods of time (whether they've owned them or not, so long as they have given both of them a lot of listening time) have opined on the matter, I suspect we'll find that it's more or less a toss up. Thus, it will be a matter of taste rather than one being clearly superior to the other.

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 50
I hope that it's merely a vocal minority that proclaims a "best headphone." In the priceranges we're talking about here there stop being problems and start being differences, except in the case of Bose Triports/QC2. Tastes differ, but all of the headphones we're referring to are great for someone.

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 50
so you started this thread cause you didn't agree with a poll? They're inaccurate and made purely for fun. If you think the 701 is better, okay. But the fact that you're somewhat appalled that the (false) majority doesn't agree is kind of weird. It's how it is with everything ever made, e-v-e-r. Remember, the akg is fairly new phone with fewer users. Amd as mentioned before, polls mean little. What did you expect? Also, have you ever used the HD650 in the right setup? In good faith?

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 50
I've got them both, and I must say I'd have a rough time (at this juncture) putting one above the other.

At first, the Senns smoked the AKGs. But as the AKGs have finally broken in, they are very nice, and well-rounded. They are both very well-rounded, suitable for many different recordings.

I don't have any plans to get rid of either pair, so it's not that I must try and decide which one is better. But if one was clearly superior, I would likely sell the other one. I don't see that happening right now.

Dec 23, 2005 at 10:36 AM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
I agree with you emphaticly!

A recent example is when the hornet was released and a bunch of people sold of thier sr-71's to finance buying a new hornet.

The Ray Samuels site doesn't show the Hornet to be available yet. Has it been released?

Dec 23, 2005 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
I've got them both, and I must say I'd have a rough time (at this juncture) putting one above the other.

At first, the Senns smoked the AKGs. But as the AKGs have finally broken in, they are very nice, and well-rounded. They are both very well-rounded, suitable for many different recordings.

I have quite similar impressions on the K701 and the HD650.
After a long time of comparing both cans I found that I prefer the K701 because of its higher resolution and more precise soundstaging but that's a matter of taste.
The HD650 has the option of a cable upgrade, the K701 hasn't, I'd take this in consideration as well.

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
The way I see it, the AKG helps save your money.
wink.gif

I swear, You'll see there will be price fall on HD650 and it will cost about the same...
If not even less...

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
I hope that it's merely a vocal minority that proclaims a "best headphone." In the priceranges we're talking about here there stop being problems and start being differences, except in the case of Bose Triports/QC2. Tastes differ, but all of the headphones we're referring to are great for someone.

This is the pure truth I say
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
so you started this thread cause you didn't agree with a poll? They're inaccurate and made purely for fun. If you think the 701 is better, okay. But the fact that you're somewhat appalled that the (false) majority doesn't agree is kind of weird. It's how it is with everything ever made, e-v-e-r. Remember, the akg is fairly new phone with fewer users. Amd as mentioned before, polls mean little. What did you expect? Also, have you ever used the HD650 in the right setup? In good faith?

And I second these comments.

Dec 23, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #15 of 50
In my country (germany) ive seen the 701 for about 297 €. but there a a lots of problebs to supply the traders with those new cans. the hd 650 are traded about 210-220 € (all prices without shipping).

what do you have to pay for those cans in another countries?

i didnt hear the 701 yet, but imho the hd 650 have got a great value for theyre price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back