Sennheiser HD600/580 replacement cable comparison/impressions (Dial-up warning)
Jan 3, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #62 of 93
That's not a dumb question.
580smile.gif
There is a difference between them. The HD600 cable is much thinner and is (in my opinion) of worse build quality than the HD650 cable. The HD650 cable also has new adapters to go into the headphones.

Jan 3, 2004 at 11:07 AM Post #64 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by Hajime
That's not a dumb question.
580smile.gif
There is a difference between them. The HD600 cable is much thinner and is (in my opinion) of worse build quality than the HD650 cable. The HD650 cable also has new adapters to go into the headphones.

Will the 650 cable work with the HD600's?

Jan 3, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #65 of 93
I don't see why it wouldn't. I've just received my 2nd hand Stefan Audioart Equinox cable that was used by the original owner with her 600s and I'm now using it with my 650s.

I would therefore imagine that if it fits my 650s it would also work in reverse.

Jan 3, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #66 of 93
The 650 stock cables fit into, and work well with the HD600. I can't offer any opinions because all I did was hook them up for a few minutes. The stock cables get pitched to the rear pretty quick here and I don't use them that much(if ever).

Jan 3, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #67 of 93
I ordered Moon Audio Silver Dragon, over a month ago and still have no cable. I hope it's as good as it's supposed to be, but the wait is getting a bit long. I'm tempted to cancel the order and get the Zu.

Jan 3, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #69 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by SurroundGeek
Anyone here willing to do a 650/600 cable comparison connected to 600s and post their findings?

I too am *really* interested in this as well.

Peter

Jan 3, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #70 of 93
Quote:

Anyone here willing to do a 650/600 cable comparison connected to 600s and post their findings?

I could do it with the HD650. I don't have the HD600 anymore.

Jan 3, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #71 of 93
Quote:

When I first got my HD650's I still had my HD600's as well and did swap both stock cables on both sets of cans and found it really hard to hear any difference. If there was it was very subtle. If you go back and find some of those "Got my HD650's!!" threads there are others who compared the two stock cables if I am not mistaken. I'm forgetting who it was but there may have been one person who found there to be a bit of a discernable difference. One thing that was confirmed by Jan Meier, who was told by a Sennheiser employee, is that the stock HD650 cable is identical to the HD600 cable in terms of conductor materials and design with the only differences being the beefier plug area, heavier jacket and the termination is now 1/4" only and not a 1/8" with 1/4" adapter style. The stock HD650 cable is obviously more rugged and much more durable but I couldn't tell much difference between them in terms of sound. I was curious too but just couldn't hear much of a difference.

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #72 of 93
i have already made the HD650 purchase and am now looking for the special Mobius Senn cable promo (the 2.5m for 199$), but i cannot find it on EBAY or on Zucable.com??????? did i miss the promo? please say i didn't!! does anyone know if they are still offering this great deal because i am set on Zu and that would really stink if i'd have to pay 45 extra bux
frown.gif
thanx.

edit: my question has been answered by Hirsch in another thread. <wipes sweat from forehead>...i'm glad Zu is still offering the promo. man i'm an addict...as we all are
biggrin.gif
looks like calling Zu will be the first thing i do tomorrow morning
smily_headphones1.gif

MAN, reading all these wonderful things about the Mobius posted by all you head-fiers whose opinions i very highly regard makes waiting for my new cans/cables to arrive all the more torturous
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back