SENNHEISER HD515 or RAZER ORCA??? HELP!!!
Nov 25, 2010 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LFC4LIFE

New Head-Fier
Hi I was just wondering if anybody could help me choose between the Sennheiser HD515s and the Razer Orcas? (this is the sort of price range I'm looking at)

I will be using the headphones for playing games such as Black Ops (explosions, gunfire etc) on my PS3, as well as for listening to music- often with a lot of bass.
L3000.gif

Any help would be much appareciated. THANKS.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Honestly, you are probably best off just getting the Plantronics gamecom for gaming... great performance for a nice price ~50$.

With either one the ones you mentioned you are paying a premium for the name... Just because they cost X amount doesn't mean they are really worth it... and I would say they most likely aren't.

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Cheers.
Would it be good to get gaming headsets (e.g.tritton ax180 or TB px21)???
Or are they not worth it in terms of quality compared to normal headphones?

[size=10pt]No. [/size]

[size=10pt]The only thing that "gaming" headphones can offer, in regards to console gaming, is usually they are coupled with breakout box/dolby processor and ability to integrate voice from a proprietary connection (dependent upon console)[/size]

[size=10pt]I haven’t used the Orca-[/size]

[size=10pt]The 515s, despite their reputation around here aren’t really that bad. They aren’t great - but when they can be had for 50 bucks, they will best pretty much every "gaming" headphone I have heard. They will also, almost definitely outlast any of the gaming branded offerings.[/size]
[size=10pt]Steelseries, Astro, Razer, Turtlebeach, Madcatz, etc, etc....make gaming peripherals’, at a premium. Most of them should stick to making bad controllers.[/size]

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 9
Hiya again. I am considering going for one of the higher-end models like the Sennheiser 555s, but is it really worth the difference in comparison to the 515s???

Thanks (for all your replies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back