Sennheiser hd418s. quality sacrificed for looks?
Jan 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

headfi newbie

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been searching for a little while now for my first half decent pair of headphones. The hd 418's seem like they would be good for me since I'm looking for a pair for an ipod around $100 with fairly strong bass. I noticed though that they are flashier than other sennheisers, and that makes me a little uneasy, since I'm looking for quality, not flashy skullcandy crap.

So any feedback on these would be great! I'm also open to suggestions on other phones but leave the ATH M50's out, I've been trying to get a pair but it's really hard when you live in Canada. That's mostly why i'm looking at the 418's, I can buy them at hmv, so no waiting or shipping costs :)

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 3
They look somewhat similar in build to the 428's that I have on my head now, coincidentally, and I must say the build quality in these things at least is dissapointing to say the least. The cord looks so fragile I fear it'll snap if I look at it the wrong way, the headband makes all sorts of annoying noises when you touch it, some of the screws feel like they haven't been tightened properly and so on.

I guess Sennheiser put all their effort in the drivers, so no real complaints there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back