Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review
Sep 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #211 of 380
Anyway, conclusion is i will not be dissapointed on trance and techno music?
+
Iphone will not be having problems powering those right?

I recently compared aluminum version to classic HD 25 1-ii, and this advantages over aluminum are kinda weird. check it out:

http://versus.com/en/sennheiser-hd-25-aluminium-vs-sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii

Aluminum version doesnt have neodymium magnet ? neodymium supposed to have punchier bass?
Aluminum version has no stereo speakers while 1-II has?
and lol for the top of advantages the wrote aluminum version isnt on ear while hd25 1-II is?

What the hell? Are these informations right? i was sure drivers are the same in both, now this... If these facts are right, i presume classic 1-II version is better for techno house dance music?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #212 of 380
  Btw, Are HD 6,7 or 8 rly over ear version of HD 25? because i have secound thoughts about on ear comfort
confused_face_2.gif
  i know on ear are smaller, more mobile, but with worse soundstage. I am also looking at Denon AH D600, but i cant try them before buying,...

Hi danilolesnik,

The HD6, HD7 and HD8 are our new over-ear DJ/mixing models. They are not the bigger versions of HD 25 though they share a similar sound signature. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #213 of 380
Sory for using these topic for my questions.

Today i tested HD 25 SP, and they were unacceptably quiet. They are even 10 ohms lower impedance than 1-ii or aluminium. I am talking about volume lvl. I connected them to my xperia, which has kinda bad battery. Maybe that explains low voume? Or they need amp for normal (not quietly normal :) listening?  I hope im not ruining ur topic about aluminium. Otherwise delete this post

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #217 of 380
  Thanks mate, i will probably go with AL version indeed :) And the case for phones is also included as far as i know.  Price is 190e in germany which is quite good. Cable shouldnt be a problem for me, anything will be good.

190e?  That's about $237 American.  Jealous of that price!

Wondering what good $ American prices everyone has seen on these?  I found some for $280 in the States and wondering if I should just go for it.

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #218 of 380
190e?  That's about $237 American.  Jealous of that price!

Wondering what good $ American prices everyone has seen on these?  I found some for $280 in the States and wondering if I should just go for it.

Ended up finding a vendor in Nevada on eBay who sold me a pair for $270 new after negotiations. Just got em in the mail. My first exposure to the Sennheiser sound. Love em!

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #220 of 380
Things have changed since I got the hd 25 aluminium. It is now my preferred headphone.

With this headphone the experience of soundpressure is very close to the real thing. The dynamic sound at a concert or from big loudspeakers create a sense of power and impact that I have yet to hear from any other headphone except this sennheiser. The sense of dynamics is the best I have heard and may be one of the most realistic presentations of dynamics available in headphones, this is top notch.
So if you like the powerfull sound from speakers and at live concerts, you will love to listen to this headphone, and the most delightfull thing is that the sense of dynamics are achieved even at normal volume levels, which means you will not damage your hearing but still get the thrill of true dynamics at normal listening levels.
The soundstage is a bit close up front compared to something like the akg k701, but this is not because of low quality or lack of detail, it is just because the driver is closer to the ear and not angled, and therefore does not create the illusion of soundstage like some other headphones. This does not mean the soundstage is flat or non-existing. If the recording you listen to is with depth and scale, the sennheisers will display it with depth and scale, but no more no less.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #221 of 380
Got the 25 Alu's today. I think they have no sibilance like Amperior did in the upper vocals/lower treble. Bass is slightly less than amperior but excellent punchy bass :) definitely a keeper!

But the cable is a bit too long for convenient portable use. Anyone know of decent cables that are shorter for a reasonable price? (third party cable welcome)

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #222 of 380
Got the 25 Alu's today. I think they have no sibilance like Amperior did in the upper vocals/lower treble. Bass is slightly less than amperior but excellent punchy bass :) definitely a keeper!

But the cable is a bit too long for convenient portable use. Anyone know of decent cables that are shorter for a reasonable price? (third party cable welcome)
Check out the Oyaide HPC-HD25. I've been meaning to get that cable myself. Good prices on eBay.

Please let us know if you find a better option sub-$100.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #224 of 380
anyone used ALO SXC on this headphone, how's the sound?
Thanks

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #225 of 380
  the whole headphone was 177€ so a 50€ cable is a bit too steep IMO. I will wait around.

i feel your pain on the stock cable that is too long - i have the same issue.  wonder if they could have provided a modular extender option to negate that issue.

nevertheless, be careful, don't cheap out and end up downgrading cables....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back