Sennheiser HD25-1-II Limited Edition - could these be fake?
Feb 18, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 34
Ufffffffffff
eek.gif

Reading this thread was like a horror for me, because I've just bought a pair of these
biggrin.gif
I'll leave my impressions for the dedicated HD 25 thread, if I'm able to find it here ( too many threads
biggrin.gif
).

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimayin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the velour pads fit the 25-1 II's? Scoured the net and can only find references to them for the 25's..

Yes - there is no difference at all between the HD 25-1 and HD 25-1 II headphones - the changes were in the cable only (original version had a 1.2m cable and the Mk.II has a 1.5m cable and the adaptor screws on on the Mk.II version).

Velour is definitely more comfortable.

My HD 25-1 are 20 years old now and I swapped to the velour pads years ago.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimayin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm guys, it seems that the Limited Editions are actually fake after all, Sennheiser don't make Limited Editions according to this person who's just emailed me direct from sennheiser.co.uk:

--------------------------------------------------
Dear <deleted>

All of our HD 25s have 'Made in Ireland' on the headband and would always have a warranty card and instruction booklet in the box. Not quite convinced .. the earpads are covered in a soft leatherette fabric ..
Hi,

Yes that's what I was told on the phone as well, although I've found several other people on the internet who've told me they had the same concerns then later discovered that the HD25-1-II Limited Editions are different and don't have "made in ireland" around the headband. They did sound as I would expect from Sennheiser.. but in any case I have returned them to the seller now as genuine or not, they were too tight on my ears and caused them to hurt after an hour or so of use.

Kind regards,
Thank you for the info. I appreciate your response. We have never done any Limited Editions! and these headphones are normally very comfortable and should definitely not clamp onto the ears too tightly.

I am sorry for all the misinformation ... we do not supply this company direct. If you still wish to buy Sennheiser, we have a list of authorised dealers on our website or try Play.com.

I referred this person to the Amazon.co.uk (Amazon stock - not 3rd party sellers) reference to the Limited Editions and they said they are going to contact them.

If anyones interested contact me directly and I'll happily show you the emails in full with headers etc to prove this is genuine.

There *was* a "Special Edition" of the HD 25-1 - nb: it was *not* a "Limited Edition".

The headphones in the "Special Edition" were exactly the same as the normal units except they came in a zip case as was used for pilot's headsets and did not have the velour earpad option.

I can't say if yours were real or fake, but I can say that there was no difference in the headphones themselves.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #34 of 34
Hi Guys - Sorry As Im aware this Thread Is a Bit Old But  - NO They Are Not Fakes!!! SP 25 - 1 ll

The 'Special Editions' (Which were Limited Stock) DO NOT  Have 'Made In Ireland' On The Headbands!!  
smily_headphones1.gif

The Special Editions Came without The Velour (Which I have Seperately). 

And Have a Nice Square Case. 

Mine Came Directly from Sennheiser Australia & They Are NOT Fakes.

Some Magazines referred to Them As 'Limited Edition' In Reviews But On The Box It Actually Says 'Special Edition'

Should have kept Them!!! 

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/334329-01.htm  

http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=50863  

They Are Genuine Sennheisers!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back