sennheiser hd202 vs klipsch image one, difference in sound quality?
Jun 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sinphase

100+ Head-Fier
i currently have a pair of sennheiser hd202's, they're ok, sound quality's pretty decent and generally comfortable to wear. my only complaint is how they look, but that's not really a big deal. i'm wondering if it'll be worth it to upgrade to a pair of klipsch image one's. i read a review on amazon that the image one's sound exactly like the 202's. any thoughts? 

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't know how the 202's sound but I doubt they have the same sound as the image one's. The Sennheiser house sound is very different from Klipch's house sound. The image ones are not a bad set of headphones. The bass has a reasonable mid-bass hump (which will make your kick drums sound stronger). The mids are a bit recessed and the highs are fairly clear.

They are supposed to be the over ear version of the s4's. Although I find they are much more realistic with treble compared to the s4's. I find the s4's to have a warm tone to them that is just unrealistic and uncomfortable. The image one don't have that problem. Also they don't get congested like the s4's do.

Believe it or not I would recommend that you give your local apple store a visit and listen to the Skullcandy Aviators a listen next to the image ones. I find the aviators to be a little bit more enjoyable. They don't have the mid-bass hump and are more suited for a broader range of music whereas the ones will really only excel (to my ears) at bass heavy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back