Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #8,731 of 9,320
I've been listening to the HD700's after a few more hours of letting them play unheard. Before listening I hooked up my Loki Mini to the Gilmore Lite Mk2 and played around with some tone adjustments. After boosting the midrange they sound much, much better. I still would like a little more body and fullness to their sound and then I think they would be perfect. I'm thinking of trying the Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. But with the Loki in the mix I think these may be a keeper. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing now.

If you can please leave your eq settings here.. So we can try that out too

** wish you had access to some good tubes tho

Thank you

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #8,732 of 9,320
Does Sennheiser make an official 3.5 mm cable that can be bought separately? Or do I need an adaptor for the larger stock cable?
I haven't seen and "official" 3.5mm cable but I wouldn't get one either since the stock HD700 is always getting kinked up, is a bit on the heavy side and for some its way too long. I'd suggest looking back a few pages since there are some really cheap solutions available.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #8,733 of 9,320
Does Sennheiser make an official 3.5 mm cable that can be bought separately? Or do I need an adaptor for the larger stock cable?

No. But if you want a Sennheiser 3.5 mm cable that works with HD700, the cable for EH250/EH350/HD212 Pro/HD477 does. It is long (3m), but much thinner, lighter, flexible and doesn't kink. It's fairly cheap. Part number is 083380.
There are many aftermarket alternatives too.

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #8,734 of 9,320
If you can please leave your eq settings here.. So we can try that out too

** wish you had access to some good tubes tho

Thank you
@Sylaw do you have a Loki? Most of my listening has been with the Loki, which is an analog EQ instead of digital one.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #8,735 of 9,320
@Sylaw do you have a Loki? Most of my listening has been with the Loki, which is an analog EQ instead of digital one.
Nope.. Im running mine via a dark voice. When I'm out and bout I carry my little bear b4 with rethyon tubes.

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #8,736 of 9,320
Guys, I am unable to find a replacement head band cushion for the HD 700 (not ear pads). Anyone know if this is a temporary shortage, or has Sennheiser thrown the towel and will not be supporting the HD 700 any further? Any third-party alternative I can use? My head cushion has deteriorated significantly and needs to be replaced.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #8,737 of 9,320
Isn't it the same as the HD800?

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #8,738 of 9,320
Guys, I am unable to find a replacement head band cushion for the HD 700 (not ear pads). Anyone know if this is a temporary shortage, or has Sennheiser thrown the towel and will not be supporting the HD 700 any further? Any third-party alternative I can use? My head cushion has deteriorated significantly and needs to be replaced.

Mine is also getting worse everyday but I could not find either. HD 700 I think could not take the attention of community in a way that Sennheiser expected to be. And probably will come to an end sooner or later.

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #8,740 of 9,320
I asked on Reddit too, and someone said they are not.
Admittedly I haven't done a direct physical comparison, but the two series look so similar that I find it hard to believe Senn would make subtle changes requiring them to maintain twice the inventory of parts. I know the endpieces are labeled HD700 and I bet the 800's are labeled HD800, but...ok, I just took a closer look at a HD800 picture. They are different. *snort* Sennheiser's website has them for sale for $750. I'm guessing they're not in a hurry to liquidate stock to discontinue them. I'm guessing they don't have much call to replace that part, so it's not obvious it can be done. Maybe you'll have to contact customer service and have them sent in for repair. Good luck!

Dec 15, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #8,741 of 9,320

Mine is also getting worse everyday but I could not find either. HD 700 I think could not take the attention of community in a way that Sennheiser expected to be. And probably will come to an end sooner or later.

Hello, for anyone looking for replacement parts for the HD 700, the fastest way to get information and service will be to inquire with our contact center: http://www.sennheiser.com/contact-center
This link should redirect you to the page for your country and language.

Isn't it the same as the HD800?
As others have pointed out, the HD 800 S and HD 700 headband pads are of a different design. The HD 700’s headband is one continuous pad, while the thinner HD 800 S headband pads have a gap to prevent pressure at the peak of the head. Hope this helps!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #8,742 of 9,320
Admittedly I haven't done a direct physical comparison, but the two series look so similar that I find it hard to believe Senn would make subtle changes requiring them to maintain twice the inventory of parts. I know the endpieces are labeled HD700 and I bet the 800's are labeled HD800, but...ok, I just took a closer look at a HD800 picture. They are different. *snort* Sennheiser's website has them for sale for $750. I'm guessing they're not in a hurry to liquidate stock to discontinue them. I'm guessing they don't have much call to replace that part, so it's not obvious it can be done. Maybe you'll have to contact customer service and have them sent in for repair. Good luck!

Why on earth would you answer a question like that when you obviously don't have a clue? Some people.....

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #8,743 of 9,320
Troll much?

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #8,744 of 9,320
Troll much?

So, why did you answer a question that you didn't know the answer to? Do you actually own the HD800 and HD700 and have seen them next to each other? I'm having a hard time understanding your post, did you just felt like posting something and didn't care much about giving the wrong information??

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #8,745 of 9,320
So, why did you answer a question that you didn't know the answer to? Do you actually own the HD800 and HD700 and have seen them next to each other? I'm having a hard time understanding your post, did you just felt like posting something and didn't care much about giving the wrong information??
Yes, I have a pair of HD700s a foot away from me. No, I don't own a pair of 800's nor have I seen them except in pictures two years ago when I was looking for headphones and before I purchased the 700s. Seeing as that on first glance they look quite similar, I thought they were similar except for details in the drivers. Because I thought they were very similar in external appearance and because I do know a few things about manufacturing products in a production environment, I commented on the fact that I found it strange from a commonality-of-parts point of view that they would have just slightly different parts. THEN, I went and looked again at pictures of the 800 and saw the differences. My mistake. So kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back