Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
May 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #6,316 of 9,320
Well going to Canlanta this weekend and will be trying out the Torpedo III with my 700's and maybe a Crack will be there also.

May 16, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #6,318 of 9,320
Does anyone know how to unclip the headband clips, they obviously come off or release the silver end bit but I cant seem to do it. My pad is flaking now and I need to fit a new pad.

I think there is a small rectangular button that you need to push that will release the end piece of the headband, can't remember where I saw this.

May 17, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #6,320 of 9,320
Have pressed the buttons, wiggled this , wiggled that, pulled here , pushed there, nothing!
Dont want to break the mechanism as it holds the headband ends in place, typical.

Did you try contacting Sennheiser customer support?

Might all try to contact PETEREK as he has disassembled the HD-700 to paint them.

May 17, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #6,321 of 9,320
Rocking some Pink Floyd, The Wall.  Sounds Amazing. Track: One of my Turns the Detail is crazy the door sounds super realistic slamming in the left ear, and the girl speaking and walking around the room is very obvious "Wanna take a bath"

The Drums are clear and articulate with each tom occupying its own space

Very nice.......................next up will have to be Neil Peart & Rush 
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #6,323 of 9,320
Just got my new amp to power the HD 700, the Rag.

It is a slight upgrade from my Vali :). But after I auditioned the Airist Audio amplifier I new I needed a better amp for my HD 700. It will be interesting to compare the two amplifiers. I really liked the soundstage of the Airist but though it was not quite as powerful as one would expect. The Rag on the other hand has way more power on tap but initial impressions of the soundstage is not as wide. But I will reserve final assessment until the Rag has broken in with the HD700.

May 18, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #6,324 of 9,320
Just got my new amp to power the HD 700, the Rag.

It is a slight upgrade from my Vali
smily_headphones1.gif
. But after I auditioned the Airist Audio amplifier I new I needed a better amp for my HD 700. It will be interesting to compare the two amplifiers. I really liked the soundstage of the Airist but though it was not quite as powerful as one would expect. The Rag on the other hand has way more power on tap but initial impressions of the soundstage is not as wide. But I will reserve final assessment until the Rag has broken in with the HD700.

I bought the Airist Heron 5 and would be very interested in your comparison to the Rag after you have had some more listening time...

May 19, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #6,329 of 9,320
Got my new pair and they are a much darker color than the last pair, not black but dark grey with glittery bits through it.
The last pair were a mid grey colour. Didn't know they had revised them.

May 19, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #6,330 of 9,320
Got my new pair and they are a much darker color than the last pair, not black but dark grey with glittery bits through it.
The last pair were a mid grey colour. Didn't know they had revised them.

Did you get a completely new pair of headphones when you only needed to change the headband pad? And did you contact Sennheiser directly? Don't suppose you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back