Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
May 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #3,691 of 9,317
I recently purchased a pair of the HD700s and have been listening for a few days.  They sound great!  However, I just noticed that one part where the headband should connect to the right earcup doesn't click in.  It's very loose and pops out easily.  The outer piece of the cup doesn't seem securely fastened at the same location either.  Aside from expecting flawless headphones for such a high price, it produces some rattle on certain songs and feels more loose around my ear.

I tried to repair it, but I think the latch mechanism inside the cup is broken so it doesn't "catch".  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  The headphones themselves seem to be made of fragile plastic.  Are they prone to breaking over time?  For those who have used them longer, how is the durability?

I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm a new member so please let me know if I should move my question to a different spot.  Thanks!

May 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #3,692 of 9,317

I don't find them bright but what is this "anax" mod? Just curious.

Easily searchable.  It's Creatology foam, or things of the like.

For those who have used them longer, how is the durability?

I bought them the day they came out.  Gotta be around 3/4 mark in 2012 or so.  I've worn them almost daily for many hours as I play games and they've been to meets, dropped, sat on, dropped some more, completely covered in beer, and whatever else not caring too much about them entails. They're still fine.

May 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #3,693 of 9,317
  I recently purchased a pair of the HD700s and have been listening for a few days.  They sound great!  However, I just noticed that one part where the headband should connect to the right earcup doesn't click in.  It's very loose and pops out easily.  The outer piece of the cup doesn't seem securely fastened at the same location either.  Aside from expecting flawless headphones for such a high price, it produces some rattle on certain songs and feels more loose around my ear.

I tried to repair it, but I think the latch mechanism inside the cup is broken so it doesn't "catch".  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  The headphones themselves seem to be made of fragile plastic.  Are they prone to breaking over time?  For those who have used them longer, how is the durability?

I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm a new member so please let me know if I should move my question to a different spot.  Thanks!

Could you please post a picture to illustrate your problem, because I do not exactly understand what you are saying.

May 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #3,696 of 9,317
  Hey guys, I am currently looking at the HD700 as an upgrade to my HD650. I am pretty satisfied with the sound signature of HD650, but not entirely. I listen to my HD650 on foobar with +3db@55Hz, +1db@77Hz, -1db@1.8k, -2db@2.5k, -3db@3.5k. Would anyone with both chime in if the HD700 would sound similar to my "modified" HD650 sound sig?

Given the way you shape your sound I think the 700 would not be your cup of tea at all.  I would stay with your HD650s with the treble trimmed down.  The HD 700 are thought to have even more treble energy than you current HPs. So I say avoid the 700s, unless you want detail and an analytical treble people here call spikes.

May 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3,697 of 9,317
Ahh thanks a lot. I am mainly trimming down the upper mids I would say. Most of the head response functions have a really high 3k spike that sounds unnatural to me, and perhaps my ear shape contributes to that. I wouldnt mind more sparkle in the upper treble (7k+) though. I also own a pair of ER4S and used to own the CK10, so I am really used to that.

May 6, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #3,698 of 9,317
Because sennheiser didn't gave me the looks for the HD700... so i gave the HD700 myself.
I think the spray *might* have seeked into driver unit though, the hd700 sorta lost the clarity and became more bassy..

May 6, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #3,700 of 9,317
  Because sennheiser didn't gave me the looks for the HD700... so i gave the HD700 myself.
I think the spray *might* have seeked into driver unit though, the hd700 sorta lost the clarity and became more bassy..

Damn, you messed up that HD700 pretty bad lol. 
blink.gif

May 6, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #3,701 of 9,317
yeah.. im not sure what did i do with the driver unit, though i didnt see any spray (obviously i would see a lot of gold) inside the driver.
Im gonna ship it to sennheiser and see if they can replace the driver.

May 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #3,703 of 9,317
i removed the gold out from mesh. now it looks litt-le bit yellowish though.
with the sound quality issue i talked about, it sounds duller.
(i listened to these for like 13+ hours yesterday, maybe my ears gave up.)

[

May 7, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #3,705 of 9,317
  i removed the gold out from mesh. now it looks litt-le bit yellowish though.
with the sound quality issue i talked about, it sounds duller.
(i listened to these for like 13+ hours yesterday, maybe my ears gave up.)

[

you have to also change the breathing parts, otherwise the sounds are reflected instead of passing through that membrane. This creates a closed sound.

The other way you can repair the damage, is by using a dapmening material and put it all around the driver, something like a sponge. this works well with changing the signature of hd800, but hd800 were brighter to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back