Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #2,506 of 9,329
l would expect the HD-700 sounding fine out of X3... NFB-12/15 should be a good pairing, too. Basically, Wolfson 8740/41 is supposed to be a bit warm, so... ln any case, l have 2 more days to go to listen to mine
rolleyes.gif
 Who knows, l might not find them as bright as the majority do...

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2,508 of 9,329
I am most likely the most boring person here.

I have been exchanging headphones and amps the last 15 years both here in the US but also before when I lived in Europe.

After I bought the HD700 and a Centronic hifi m8 I just gave up.

Sold all the other stuff I had and are just extremely happy with what I have.

Sounds EXACTLY how I want and even if it is a bit boring I feel very happy and have not been listening to more music ever.

Not the most expensive, nor the most fantastic combination on the market but I am simply just - satisfied and happy!

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,509 of 9,329

I have been exchanging headphones and amps the last 15 years both here in the US but also before when I lived in Europe.

Sounds EXACTLY how I want and even if it is a bit boring I feel very happy and have not been listening to more music ever.

Not the most expensive, nor the most fantastic combination on the market but I am simply just - satisfied and happy!

Not at all! I myself have come to the end as well with my phone choice. Maybe I'm a little bit exhausted, spent WAY too much money as well!!! I'll think I'll settle with the HD700's .. I'm happy:)

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #2,510 of 9,329
Not at all! I myself have come to the end as well with my phone choice. Maybe I'm a little bit exhausted, spent WAY too much money as well!!! I'll think I'll settle with the HD700's .. I'm happy:)

+1

Been around the block and now am settled with my HD700 and DACmini.  :)

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2,511 of 9,329

Same here, except I'm not as experienced as you are with headphones and amps. I've been mainly an IEM guy, since I never liked wearing headphones for a long time and didn't have hundreds to spend on pairs of headphones and a DAC/amp. I've put off upgrading my TF10 to custom mold so I could buy a HD700 + DAC/amp.

I honestly would have been satisfied with my IEMs and Audio-Technicas, but the HD700 deal was too good to pass up. And it turned out, it was too good to pass up. 
tongue_smile.gif

Now that I've spent over $700 on the HD700, Explorer², and Vali, I think I'm done with my hi-fi journey... unless I get rich and money becomes a non-issue, which probably won't happen any time soon. $700+ may seem like a drop in the bucket for certain audiophiles, but it's way more money than I felt like spending. Any upgrades beyond this point will yield minimal improvements and will cost several more hundreds, if not thousands to accomplish. Plus, I don't think I'm going to find a more comfortable headphone than the HD700. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #2,513 of 9,329
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #2,515 of 9,329
Where would one buy a stock replacement cable for the hd700 I don't see it listed at sennheiser.com in fact I don't see replacement pads there either. Google search only brings up aftermarket cables I don't need one atm but always like to know its out there.

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,519 of 9,329
What gain should be used with the Fiio e12, 0 or 16?

Do you have a 1/8" to 1/4" plug adapter?
I'd suggest that 0dB gain setting, though I generally don't use my E12 much anymore as I find the treble to be on the verge of fatiguing with my AKGs, and I don't have the right adapter to plug my HD700 into the E12.

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #2,520 of 9,329

Users who are viewing this thread

Back