Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,381 of 9,314
I just got my pair. First impressions:

Compared to Tesla1, the space isn't as big and they don't pull me in as much.
Easier on the ears, tinnitus seems to go away?
Unbelievably comfortable!
I love the bass.
These are by no means bright to my ears.

Like river stream compared to T1's concert hall feel. Cool and smoothing. It's really easy to just breathe and let go.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #1,382 of 9,314
I just got my pair. First impressions:

Compared to Tesla1, the space isn't as big and they don't pull me in as much.
Easier on the ears, tinnitus seems to go away?
Unbelievably comfortable!
I love the bass.
These are by no means bright to my ears.

Like river stream compared to T1's concert hall feel. Cool and smoothing. It's really easy to just breathe and let go.

I didn't like the T1 when I tried it but I think it's the amp combo. I think the 700s are incredibly exciting.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #1,384 of 9,314
The T1 is the best all-rounder headphones I've ever had. 

That's possibly true. They sounded flat to my ears, again due to the amp it was bundled with - not my home setup. I suspect it's a largely neutral headphone, with very good specs.

There is an amp, t1 bundle here in singapore for some 700 uSd new just FYI :)

The amps not worth jack though :frowning2:

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #1,386 of 9,314

The T1 is the best all-rounder headphones I've ever had. 

Personal preferences, but I thought the T1 just had a bit too much treble for my tastes. I also couldn't help but feel like they weren't a big enough step above the DT880 to warrant the tripling in price.

I don't know what it is about the HD700, but something about it just... works. It's not the most detailed, nor the most balanced, but for some reason listening to music through these things just sounds... fun. I stop caring about what my headphones sound like and just listen. It probably helps that I don't hear the treble peaks that everyone talks about. I think I just have weird ears because I heard sibilance with some cymbals with the HD650, which doesn't really make any sense, given their frequency response. After I got the HD700s, I stopped caring about neutrality this and source-matching that and was just there for the music.

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,387 of 9,314
Anyone else on the fence on upgrading to HD800? Now's the time: $1200 from Razordog Audio before they sell out. http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/3060#post_10288515

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #1,393 of 9,314
  Buy beyerdynamic T1, they are very warm sounding cans.

The T1 is not warm. This guy is trolling. He's been trolling with every single one of his posts that's he's thrown up in the last week. Don't feed the trolls.

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #1,394 of 9,314
The T1 is not warm. This guy is trolling. He's been trolling with every single one of his posts that's he's thrown up in the last week. Don't feed the trolls.

Haha not meaning to "feed the trolls" but am I the only one who finds the T1 flat and neutral?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back