Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #5,041 of 6,581
I had not seen these until today...very interesting; I
And another one...Axel Grell's newest. Busy fall coming up. :L3000:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxn4iCeRN4w/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 2.56.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #5,042 of 6,581
Seems a bit odd that an employee would make such a comment to a member of the public who is potentially going to then go & post this on a public forum & go as far as naming them?
That comment was made public in either this or the original HD660S2 introduction thread.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #5,043 of 6,581
There are strict NDA requirements when companies develop a new headphone product for many reasons. Any employee who spilled the beans early would most likely be terminated.
Something tells me they're not going to terminate Jermo lol.

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #5,044 of 6,581
Something tells me they're not going to terminate Jermo lol.
I don't know. But as someone who has written reviews for Sennheiser, I can tell you that their NDA agreements are incredibly strict. If an employee made an announcement about an product that was unreleased, he was told to do so in all likelihood.

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #5,046 of 6,581
Sadly not.

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #5,049 of 6,581
Apparently Bathys and 1000XM4 are selling pretty well and Sennheiser got jealous and wanted a piece of that market pie.Guess HD900 will have to wait,focus is on the casuals atm:worried:.

1000XM5 rather. I got one free with my Sony phone and I am surprised how good the tech is. Paired with Sony's app, as a tech gadget, not an audiophile item, it's quite good. Acceptable sound too. I had the chance to try Sennheiser's offering and honestly I think they shouldn't even try to compete with Sony in this area...

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #5,050 of 6,581
If there's a significant leap in sound quality, I support companies iterating on wireless headsets. That said, I am not a fan of waste and the fact that all these dying headphones with precious (and sometimes toxic) metals could end up in the trash because the battery can't keep a charge does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #5,052 of 6,581
Hello,

I just go my HD660S2 today after trying Meze 109 Pro, HD600, Focal Elegia, HifiMan Sundara, DT 700 Pro X, Meze 99 Classic, Fostex Th 610, Sivga sv023, ATH M50x. From all of them the one that i've loved the most was the HD660s2, so here we are with my first HiFi headphone in my life.

Coming from a Razer Blackshark V2 I was thinking that I would get a "wow" effect instantly, but it's still not the case. I can definitly hear the differences (warmer tone, smoother mid and treble, more clarity in the bass but not really "impactful" without EQ etc.). Maybe do I need to wait that my ears to get accommodated with it to get the wow effect during A/B tests?

Anyway, something that I was thinking is that: Is there an HD660s2 alternative with more soundstage ? Like, same tonality etc, but just a tad bit more soundstage. I've bought this one for 400 EUROS, so it might be hard to find something like that.

Thanks for the help

(PS: I really like them, the confortc etc is amazing for my head, which is suprisingly weird)

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #5,053 of 6,581
Hello,

I just go my HD660S2 today after trying Meze 109 Pro, HD600, Focal Elegia, HifiMan Sundara, DT 700 Pro X, Meze 99 Classic, Fostex Th 610, Sivga sv023, ATH M50x. From all of them the one that i've loved the most was the HD660s2, so here we are with my first HiFi headphone in my life.

Coming from a Razer Blackshark V2 I was thinking that I would get a "wow" effect instantly, but it's still not the case. I can definitly hear the differences (warmer tone, smoother mid and treble, more clarity in the bass but not really "impactful" without EQ etc.). Maybe do I need to wait that my ears to get accommodated with it to get the wow effect during A/B tests?

Anyway, something that I was thinking is that: Is there an HD660s2 alternative with more soundstage ? Like, same tonality etc, but just a tad bit more soundstage. I've bought this one for 400 EUROS, so it might be hard to find something like that.

Thanks for the help

(PS: I really like them, the confortc etc is amazing for my head, which is suprisingly weird)
They are very subtle. On first listen I liked them, but it was not love at first sight. But every time I put them on, I liked them more. That is a rarity for me although it happened again recently with the Nectar Ambrosia's.

Times are very good indeed for Mid-Fi. :L3000:

Give it a couple of weeks before you make a final decision. Unless of course the sound is just not a good fit for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back