Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #408 of 737
so the headphone amp did the trick. Recording vocals sound super clean and it feels like my studio is turning into a quality workstation. I'm keeping the 630s and holding on to that 3 yr warranty. Peace.

Hey itsdp3 - Tks much for posting your experience with the HD630VB.  I received mine for Christmas and have been enjoying them thoroughly ever since.  My previous headphones were the HD 25 1-II, so I am delighted with the HD630VB's sexy aesthetics, vibrant sound, and the ability to kick the low end into high gear on demand!  You mentioned that you are using a headphone amp with your HD630VBs, just wondering which amplifier you are using?  I am currently using the Leckerton UHA-4 and have experienced a significant improvement in sound.  Just curious as to your experience (and anyone else's).

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #412 of 737
Can anyone compare the SQ of the Momentum gen. 2 and the 630vb?I currently have the Fiio x5+e12, and the Momentum 2 and am thinking of upgrading to the 630vb.

I am BUMPING YOUR QUESTION!!
wink.gif

"Can anyone compare the SQ of the Momentum gen. 2 and the 630vb?I currently have the Fiio x5+e12, and the Momentum 2 and am thinking of upgrading to the 630vb"

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #415 of 737
  Hi guys,

Thought i'd leave this here, this is a review of the Sennheiser Hd630 vb's that I did the other day. Unfortunately there's a small amount of preamble but there's a little hotspot to click on to skip to the video review - at the 2 minute mark.

Hope you enjoy it!

I certainly enjoyed it!  The high quality of the video made it very enjoyable to watch: the resolution, the lighting, the slow panning all worked well to give me an experience of the headphone that was only short of, well, hearing it (and trying it on for comfort, of course). 

It was certainly visually compelling, and my interest in these cans is piqued further, even after reading a lot of second-guessing (which is legit, too, IMO, though) about the market for these, in this thread.

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #416 of 737
I should have a pair in about a week - will post impressions when they get here, and full review in due course.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #417 of 737
Thanks man! Really appreciate the kind feedback! Hope to do more audio reviews in the future, I won't be doing many but I thought of all places head fi would be a good place for people to critique and or benefit from it :)

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #418 of 737
Just arrived.  First impressions:

1. Relatively large, but extremely good build
  2. Very comfortable (there is some weight, and I've only had them on for half an hour - so just early impressions at this stage)
  3. Snug on the head without being too clampy
  4. Good passive isolation
  5. Sound is pretty well balanced - very clean, very clear - I really like it
  6. They sound expansive for a closed back
  7. Easy to drive - great out of a smart phone.
  8. Apple controls work brilliantly - volume, play/pause, next, previous.  Well though out too - easy to find and operate
  9. Android volume controls didn't work with Fiio X7, but play/pause, next, previous all did.  I'll try with my wife's Galaxy when she gets home
  10. Variable bass is brilliantly implemented - easy to use and very effective.

As you can guess - first impressions really positive.  I really do like these.

But - less than an hour on the head at the moment.  More to come as I get accustomed to them.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #419 of 737
Just arrived.  First impressions:
As you can guess - first impressions really positive.  I really do like these

Thanks for the exciting (to me, at least) first impressions! I eagerly await further impressions.

What was the initial setting of the bass? Is the middle setting about what you would expect for "middle?"

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #420 of 737
I was actually expecting these to be a lot bassier - but they aren't.  The overall signature is clear, clean and very balanced.  It's only when you push the bass to the last (6th) section of the dial that it really comes out to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back