Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #18,136 of 23,499
  The HD800 is incredibly comfortable. While I'm kinda on the fence about the aesthetics of them, the comfort design is top-notch. I thought the HD600 was some of the best comfort I could get in a headphone (I was right
tongue.gif
), but when I put on the HD700/800, I though "holy crap, this is so spacious!" I still gotta get an HD700 one of these days for personal extended testing; I put them on for like 5 minutes and the comfort is of course what stood out to me the most.

Meze's is a the floating headband design isn't it? I like that kind of design too. I've tried them on the K7XX and Fidelio X1, quite comfortable indeed.

You can't go wrong with Senn HD700 and HD800 for comfort 
biggrin.gif

It is the most comfortable headphone ever made, literally. I'm a bit sad that HD800 is so expensive and that it is open, but man I would probably never take them off my head in ~12 hours of continuous work. Literally had them for two hours on when I tested them and I couldn't mind them - don't even mention the awesome sound coming from them. 

Now that I'm playing with iDSD Micro BL, I think that a HD800 awesome setup is not even that expensive, iDSD BL should drive HD800 to heaven and back! 

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #18,139 of 23,499
So I just got a pair. These have ruined the mids on every other pair of headphones for me. Love these so much. Surprisingly I am absolutely fine with the clamp out of the box, and this is coming from someone who had to buy angled Brainwavz pads for my Superlux HD 681 EVO's to achieve good comfort. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #18,140 of 23,499
  These have ruined the mids on every other pair of headphones for me.

I know the feeling. Everything else now sounds distant and less "alive", for lack of a better word. It's the first thing I notice (and miss) when switching to any other headphone in my stable.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #18,141 of 23,499

I know the feeling. Everything else now sounds distant and less "alive", for lack of a better word. It's the first thing I notice (and miss) when switching to any other headphone in my stable.

Ditto. Same thing happens when I switch to the TH-X00s. They feel alive, but in a different way. Which is good. Why have different headphones otherwise?
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #18,143 of 23,499
I agree, they are super great.  I also found some little details in music I'd listened to many time previously, it really has some differences...  and because of this detail of music, it worth to pay more for these headphones.  They are really great

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #18,144 of 23,499
Hello guys.
Ive received my smsl m6, good amp sound neutral and is correct, background completely silent.
For the price is a steal.
But found it too cold with the hd600 just to my taste. I realize i want some warmer color om the sound.

I was thinking to try tubes, Vali 2 + modi 2 (standard usb powered).
What do you think? Any other alternative for about 300$ you have in mind?
Any thoughts, recomendation.
Txs!!!!

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #18,145 of 23,499
Can you guys direct me to a few IEMs that sound almost like the HD600? I mean soundsig wise (bass/mids/treble). My budget is below 1800 USD.

Signature wise, it is really complicated. ie800 is the absolute closest I heard, but it still has a pretty different signature of its own. Maybe someone can pitch in with something that comes closer 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #18,146 of 23,499
Hello guys.
Ive received my smsl m6, good amp sound neutral and is correct, background completely silent.
But found it too cold with the hd600 just to my taste. I realize i want some warmer color om the sound.

Txs!!!!

I used (still use it today) the Xonar Essence STX and paired with the Asgard. It was a fantastic pairing. Had lightning strike our house in July and lost several electronics including the Asgard. I would still be using it today. That said, I'm looking into the Valhalla at the moment and I'll likely snag that in a month or two. If my Asgard hadn't gone out though, I would still be happily using that. So take that for what you will. I loved the HD600 with the Asgard. I know it stretches the budget, but might be worth looking into.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #18,147 of 23,499
Hello guys.

Txs!!!!

The Vali 2 is a great choice.  You can change the sound signature by rolling the tubes and with only one tube rolling is much less expensive...

beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #18,148 of 23,499
Thank you guys. Ohhh Ibage, lightning strike, it is so sad reading that. Lighting storms makes me feel very nervous, lots of electronic we use these days. Hope you can recover some devices.
I have the Essence stx ii. Im happy with the sound signature with the default opamps, but looking something to use with the notebook on the officce desktop too..... I will take note about the Aagard and Vali 2. Thank you!!

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #18,149 of 23,499
Anyone wearing HD600 outdoors? I take no fear in grooving on the streets, they really sound great cranked up during evening walks when there is less traffic.

DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ8dDQLgEA0

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #18,150 of 23,499
  Anyone wearing HD600 outdoors? I take no fear in grooving on the streets, they really sound great cranked up during evening walks when there is less traffic.

DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ8dDQLgEA0

If I had an amp for it and a decent music player, I would. Unfortunately Im stuck with the DT990 and my phone. I have no quarrels using open headphones in public. In the case of the gym, half the time people have their own music or listen to TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back