Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #17,881 of 23,499
  Well maybe my version seem ok by number but maybe is not a good conversion, I dont know if there's any tool to have a precise check of file quality.. I'm to the point to be ready to buy just a dedicated headphone just to listen them <.<

What kind of media is it? Maybe didn't convert right out of vinyl? Or if you have a turntable (I'm assuming it's vinyl for your 24/96 numbers), can you route that to your amp and them listen on the HD600?

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #17,882 of 23,499
  What kind of media is it? Maybe didn't convert right out of vinyl? Or if you have a turntable (I'm assuming it's vinyl for your 24/96 numbers), can you route that to your amp and them listen on the HD600?

Flac 24/96 , vinyl conversion, maybe i should consider to buy a remastered version. I dont have a turntable ...i've only an old and crappy CD player.. maybe I should consider to buy a newer one to play 24 bit cd -.-°°°

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #17,883 of 23,499
  Flac 24/96 , vinyl conversion, maybe i should consider to buy a remastered version. I dont have a turntable ...i've only an old and crappy CD player.. maybe I should consider to buy a newer one to play 24 bit cd -.-°°°

So you only have a digital copy of it, you don't have the original physical media, right? Maybe you should just get a remaster...

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #17,884 of 23,499
  So you only have a digital copy of it, you don't have the original physical media, right? Maybe you should just get a remaster...

Yes exactly I have only LZ II in vinyl

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #17,885 of 23,499
  Yes exactly I have only LZ II in vinyl

I think my bro had the collection on CD and he ripped lossless copies of that. Probably what I have now, 16/44 and all that. Fine though, I don't listen closely enough to notice or know differences with the higher bit/sample rates and it's not causing me any less joy listening to them.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #17,886 of 23,499
it is always in my mind to purchase a turntable, but finding vyniles here is a pita. Currently I prefer to purchase 24-96 records. I find the hd600 more prone to harshness, a lot, compared to my shure shr840. Waiting the new amp to see how the sound changes, or not.......

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #17,887 of 23,499
  My personal bias is that I don't like digital music, period.  My ears are sensitive to harshness - and I hear it with CDs, et. al.  I don't have crappy CD players either.  Rotel RCD-855 and Sony NS999ES which are both well regarded, albeit not high end.

I have even tried to search out FM stations (JAZZ) that play a lot of vinyl.

Ever tried AK3XX Daps? I´ve had a  Linn LP12 for years, but like the AK sound signature of my AK300/380Amp in balanced mode way more. Worth a try I´d say, especially with HD600......

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #17,888 of 23,499

Ever tried AK3XX Daps? I´ve had a  Linn LP12 for years, but like the AK sound signature of my AK300/380Amp in balanced mode way more. Worth a try I´d say, especially with HD600......

Never tried, but will look into it.  Thanks for the tip!

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #17,890 of 23,499

Never tried, but will look into it.  Thanks for the tip!

You´re welcome.  
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #17,892 of 23,499
  There's only one thing left to do.

LOL 
etysmile.gif

But for real though, HD600 is a great headphone! 

I compared it side to side with Q701 just for fun, and while the sound is great on both, HD600 was more comfortable. Q701 would mean that my ears touched the inside of the cups and it was uncomfortable, while HD600 had a much better depth of cup for me. 

What's more interesting is that I prefer HD600 to HD650 and by a certain margin 
gs1000.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #17,893 of 23,499

LOL 
etysmile.gif

But for real though, HD600 is a great headphone! 

I compared it side to side with Q701 just for fun, and while the sound is great on both, HD600 was more comfortable. Q701 would mean that my ears touched the inside of the cups and it was uncomfortable, while HD600 had a much better depth of cup for me. 

What's more interesting is that I prefer HD600 to HD650 and by a certain margin 
gs1000.gif

I also prefer the 600 over the 650. Se when are you placing the order?
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #17,894 of 23,499
Finally got myself a pair of these. The question I ask myself is where is the infamous veil? The answer there isn't one. I am a long term Beyerdynamic fan but these sound perfect to me. I've always wanted a pair of HD6X0 headphones as they are classics like my HD25s but have been a bit wary of them thinking they may be over warm for me. Still thin the 650 might be. I made the right decision with the HD600 I'm sure.

These I am relieved to say have lovely treble and sense of air just dialled down a tiny fraction. The unforced natural sound and tone reminds of the DT150 in the Beyer range. However these are open and sound it which is what I need. Very pleased and won't be looking to buy anything else in the future

EDIT I was also a little worried about the comfort as I don't get on with many overear headphones(beyerdynamic excepted) preferring on ears but there are absolutely fine. No excessive pressure below the ear. Looking forward to many hours of listening :ear:

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #17,895 of 23,499
Finally got myself a pair of these. The question I ask myself is where is the infamous veil? The answer there isn't one. I am a long term Beyerdynamic fan but these sound perfect to me. I've always wanted a pair of HD6X0 headphones as they are classics like my HD25s but have been a bit wary of them thinking they may be over warm for me. Still thin the 650 might be. I made the right decision with the HD600 I'm sure.

These I am relieved to say have lovely treble and sense of air just dialled down a tiny fraction. The unforced natural sound and tone reminds of the DT150 in the Beyer range. However these are open and sound it which is what I need. Very pleased and won't be looking to buy anything else in the future

EDIT I was also a little worried about the comfort as I don't get on with many overear headphones(beyerdynamic excepted) preferring on ears but there are absolutely fine. No excessive pressure below the ear. Looking forward to many hours of listening :ear:

Pretty much my exact reaction when I first got my pair, also coming from a Beyer, the DT880. The veil stuff likely comes from either bad impedance mismatches (which would result in some extra mid bass bloom) or just a lot of people who preferred the brighter sound of Beyer, AT and Grado weighing in over the years about the Senns. There's also some anecdotal evidence that the design may have subtly changed over the years, and some recent accounts of unit to unit variation in the HD6x0.

Whatever the case, enjoy. I've had my pair for about three quarters of a year now, and I haven't had even a remote desire to try anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back