Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #9,091 of 23,482
I was watching tv last night and they had Shirley Bassey and another singer  recording music new music at Abbey road studios .......both wearing HD600's :) 
Abbey road likes hd600 :D

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #9,093 of 23,482
  I've got both, the HE-500 and HD600 and both get headtime.

the thing i love the most is that they are so comfy! imo they aren't heavy at all
had them on my head for 8 hours straight and i forgot completely they are on my head :D

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #9,094 of 23,482
  the thing i love the most is that they are so comfy! imo they aren't heavy at all
had them on my head for 8 hours straight and i forgot completely they are on my head :D

The HD600's are as you said, comfy. The HE-500's are pretty heavy, luckily I have strong neck muscles.

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #9,095 of 23,482
  The HD600's are as you said, comfy. The HE-500's are pretty heavy, luckily I have strong neck muscles.

not for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #9,098 of 23,482
I have HD600 and HE-400, last week I decided to sell the HE-400 and keep my HD600.
HD600 with desktop amp give me more enjoyable moment.

I still tempted by sound of planar cans, probably will go to Audeze.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #9,104 of 23,482
  Is this the best headphone for an ASUS st sonar?

It's probably fine if the Sonar can power 300ohm headphones, which I'm pretty sure it can. I think I've read that the HD600s scale well depending on your setup, so while it might sound good on that soundcard, it could likely sound better on a dedicated DAC/amp outside of your computer system. PC sound components just aren't really up to par with the chips used in dedicated setups so I'd say try to get one if you can to pair with the HD600s. The FUBAR IV Plus I have running my setup is far from top-end audio equipment, but it's still miles ahead of the soundcards I've listened to, though to be honest, I haven't listened to anything through a soundcard in many years. I've got good access to onboard audio though and it easily sounds better than that.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #9,105 of 23,482
hi. hope you don't mind me jumping in without reading the entire (607 page) thread.

i've inadvertently joined the bandwagon. the headband on my HD600s just broke. i noticed a small crack many months ago, maybe more than a year ago. being careful bought me some time but they've now gone all the way.

based on info i found searching here, i've sent a message through Sennheiser's site. barring them sending a free replacement out of the goodness of their hearts, what are my options? sending them in to Senn. for repair is ridiculous $$-wise, and i haven't yet come up with a price on the replacement part from them. does anyone sell the part? apparently the headband cushion is available all over the place, but not the actual headband.

interesting tid bit that's probably been well-covered in this thread: the listed frequency response goes out to 39kHz! no wonder they sound so fantastic! though i am skeptical about publishing a frequency response spec without measured limits (e.g. +2dB, -1dB, etc), i have a feeling there's plenty of usable audio information well above the limit of human hearing.

cheers,
-c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back