Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #8,236 of 23,499
  Bingo!  That's how I would describe them, and relate them to the bigger/better/everything HD600, too.  

It's that Sennheiser "naturalness" of the sound. These are a bit bassy but they still manage to keep that sweet timbre and the soundstage is quite good for such a small headphone.
And I got them for what I'd call dirt cheap, 32€ delivered. Amazing value!

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #8,237 of 23,499
  Has anyone here heard the HD598 and can contrast them with the HD600?

Aside from the electrical differences of impedance and the HD5xx being more sensitive, they sound similar, however, the HD600 gets the IMO win. The HD600's have less distortion, which may not be audible to most people. To me I prefer the HD600's FR and better bass quality.The HD598 and the HD558 are excellent values should one have a budget constraint, one cannot go wrong. There is an easy Black Foam Tape mod for the HD558 that can be done in a scant few minutes.
The HD5xx can be easily driven by an amp/smartphone/DAP having an output impedance of 2.25 Ohms or less.

I posted a comparison a while back between the HD598 and the HD600 in the HD598 thread.  My conclusions pretty much echo StanD's.

What can I say, other than "Great minds think alike." 
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #8,241 of 23,499
  I finally ripped a part of the HD600 that's not the cable. The foams. I reattached the earcups without the foams and it's weird... still enjoyable though. Need replacements as soon as possible.

You can get them from Sennheiser. Alternately, some people have used that black thing girls use on their legs, but I imagine all it will do is keep out debris, not getting the same sound as voiced by Sennheiser engineers with the denser foam cover.

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #8,242 of 23,499

You can get them from Sennheiser. Alternately, some people have used that black thing girls use on their legs, but I imagine all it will do is keep out debris, not getting the same sound as voiced by Sennheiser engineers with the denser foam cover.

Do you mean like, pantyhose, those garments? And they say the HD600 aren't sexy headphones...

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #8,243 of 23,499
  Do you mean like, pantyhose, those garments? And they say the HD600 aren't sexy headphones...

This is not what I imagined, HD600 and pantyhose.
eek.gif

BTW, bought pantyhose few years back for my PC fan filter and the way that lady cashier look at me is... I don't how to explain.
confused.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #8,244 of 23,499

This is not what I imagined, HD600 and pantyhose.
eek.gif

BTW, bought pantyhose few years back for my PC fan filter and the way that lady cashier look at me is... I don't how to explain.
confused.gif

Haha! You made my day man. I needed a bit of that (not the mantyhose... the hilarious story that is)

Edit: He does look awfully comfortable though.

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #8,245 of 23,499

Yeah, those, or as I remember now, stockings. Speaking of stockings, somewhere on this forum is this exchange:

"What is the finish called on the HD600?" (sic)
"It's called 'the 80s." (sic)

I don't know what the general public remembers about "sexy" back in the 1980s (Madonna?), but being a kid then didn't stop me from remember how these go together: stockings (with holes), leather, dancing poles, Motley Crue. My friends had to confront aging in the most pathetic way: me singing "Girls! Girls! Girls!" at a stag party and the strippers (who by the way were 24, 25, and 27) had no freaking clue what the heck I was singing, and none of them had no "red lips, (nor) fingertips"

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #8,246 of 23,499
  I posted a comparison a while back between the HD598 and the HD600 in the HD598 thread.  My conclusions pretty much echo StanD's.

Thanks for that, looks like I may be better off passing on the HD600 as I did not enjoy the HD598. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #8,247 of 23,499
  Haha! You made my day man. I needed a bit of that (not the mantyhose... the hilarious story that is)

Edit: He does look awfully comfortable though.

Well, it's 0100 hour at my place and this photo refresh my eyes too. Haha!

BTW, I reckon the comfortable part. As comfy as listening from HD600.
wink.gif
And I never wear pantyhose.
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #8,248 of 23,499

wink.gif
tongue.gif

That's like the coolest thing I've ever read that also doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'm two hours ahead though and it's cool. I am going to buy a mantyhose tomorrow for my listening room.

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #8,249 of 23,499

wink.gif
tongue.gif

Crossdressers unite!
Oh wait, wrong forum LOL. Cashiers are often too tired to care what you buy or too used to crazier things happening at a store to really respond to whatever you decide to buy from my experience. If the cashier is looking at you weird, odds are you were the one acting awkward/nervous/oddly. Could've just assumed it was for a girlfriend or something too.

I still have no idea how we ended up at this part of the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back